Originally Posted By: getthesenets
Originally Posted By: FunnyHow
Detroit is really the great juxtaposition, it has some of the worst areas, sure, but people forget that it also has some of the safest and most luxurious suburbs in the country.

one of my college roommates was from bloomfield hills

he went to cranbrook........I email him each year on his birthday saying
"fuck cranbrook- 313!!!"

I stay in contact with a lot of people from that metro area..

Southfield,MI made the national news a few years back when there was sort of a class and mentality struggle going on.Old residents upset that newer residents were ruining the town

Media didn't know how to frame the story because it didn't fit any cliche...everyone in the story belonged to the same ethnic group.

Because of economic climate some Southfield residents lost their homes and the newer home owners tried to turn the town into the hood.

There was a man quoted in the article, picture of him with crabgrass,dandelions, ALL over his front lawn and he actually had the nerve to complain about he town fining him for not maintaining his property......
Originally Posted By: Detroit
I'm from Michigan. Originally I'm from Wayne, which is near Garden City & Westland. Southfield isn't a good area in my opinion. Hamtramack, aka pole-town isn't much better. Both areas are near Detroit. Royal Oak (RO) on the other hand, from what I hear is a decent area. I've got a couple of friends that live there. As Lilo said, Oakland county is a bit more expensive. I currently reside in Oakland County, near Wixom/Novi. Canton is a decent area aswell. Canton is considered DMA. Hope this helps? Maybe message either Lilo or myself if you need any help. *shrug*

I just rented a place in Waterford. Whats the area like it? It seems like a typical boring suburb tbh from my observations.

I am worried it's too far out but then again it doesn't seem too difficult to get to most of the more inner suburbs of the DMA.