Originally Posted By: goombah
That's a perfect descriptor, Pizzaboy. I also found myself not wanting to believe that such an iconic gridiron legend could be a ruthless, savage killer. Back in the 80s and early 90s, OJ was nearly the equivalent to Michael Jordan in terms of commercials and TV presence.

In the end, 12 jurors were looking for a viable excuse not to convict this beloved athlete. Unfortunately for the victims' families, Mark Fuhrman provided enough of a justification for the jury to ignore plenty of evidence pointing toward OJ. This verdict, two years after the Rodney King verdict and subsequent riots, was a black eye on the American justice system.

Oh please. It shouldn't have mattered if Fuhrman got up on the stand dressed in KKK garb. There was a mountain of evidence proving Simpson guilty beyond all doubt. That jury wanted OJ to walk. Plain and simple.

And, like I said on the other forum, almost two decades later (to Treyvon Martin) and the black community still can't recognize a thug when they see one.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.