GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 754 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,851
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,605
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,539
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,463
Posts1,061,350
Members10,349
Most Online992
Jun 1st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Favorite Fathers Day Memories [Re: Sicilian Babe] #784036
06/15/14 04:06 PM
06/15/14 04:06 PM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
My dad was tough and strict, quite the taskmaster, but he adored his family and I always knew we were his first priority.

My dad was a pharmacist in the local drug store. Everyone in the neighborhood knew him. It always made me so proud when someone would ask me if I was "Mike the druggist's daughter".

Because he worked retail hours, he was home one day during the week. That was "our day", and he used to take me to the Bronx Zoo several times a month. Back then they had the "Big Cat House", all of them in cages. There was a tiger named Dakkar and he convinced me it was MY tiger and that Dakkar knew me when I came to the zoo.

Speaking of weddings, PB, when I danced to "Daddy's Little Girl" with my dad at my wedding, I bawled like a baby and totally humiliated myself. I lost him 20 years ago, and there are still times that I miss him so much, it's like a physical blow.

BTW, he loved The Godfather films, and he would have loved this site.

There used to be a famous gorilla that was in the Bronx zoo. He cout spit 40 feet. If he was in a spitting mood look out smile he was always in a spitting mood

only the unloved hate
Re: Favorite Fathers Day Memories [Re: Footreads] #784235
06/17/14 04:52 AM
06/17/14 04:52 AM
Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Yogi Barrabbas Offline
Yogi Barrabbas  Offline

Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
I could tell a thousand stories about my old man. He was a real character, my best pal and even though I love Fathers Day with my kids I always have a sad moment missing him. Here is a memory of him which always makes me smile.

Most here know that although I am English me old man was Scottish and therefore nearly all of my immediate family are as well. So we were at a family wedding many moons ago when I was still pretty young, early teens, and one of my cousins brought along her new boyfriend who with a drink or 3 in him thought it was hilarious to start mocking me for being English and all that sort of stuff. This went on for a while, me ignoring it, my folks ignoring it and this prick getting louder and more obnoxious. Finally my pops leaned over to this chap and said "That's enough, he is my son. You have had your fun. Stop now!!"

This bloke took this as hilarious and continued along the same vein, getting even louder. Approximatley 2 minutes later my old man stood up leaned over the table, punched him in the nose and knocked him clean off his chair onto his arse, blood everywhere. " I fucking warned you!!" he said.

There was a massive uproar in the family at the time, but my pops never apologised and told folks he wouldn't. When I told him I had been alright with it he laughed and said "I was waiting for you to sort him out but when you wouldn't I knew I would have to do it for you!!"

I told him the bloke was at least 10 years older than me, a fully grown man he said "Aye so????" and added "What am I going to do with you son"......

May sound crazy but I love that memory (and a few similar)

RIP Pops. Miss you, love you!!

I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees!
Re: Favorite Fathers Day Memories [Re: Yogi Barrabbas] #784236
06/17/14 04:54 AM
06/17/14 04:54 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
WONDERFUL story, Yogi!! God bless your dad!

Re: Favorite Fathers Day Memories [Re: SC] #784240
06/17/14 05:10 AM
06/17/14 05:10 AM
Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Yogi Barrabbas Offline
Yogi Barrabbas  Offline

Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Originally Posted By: SC
WONDERFUL story, Yogi!! God bless your dad!

Thanks SC. I always think if I turn out to be a fraction of him then I am doing okay. Hopefully my kids will think the same about me in years to come smile

Re: Favorite Fathers Day Memories [Re: Yogi Barrabbas] #784244
06/17/14 05:26 AM
06/17/14 05:26 AM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Originally Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas
I could tell a thousand stories about my old man. He was a real character, my best pal and even though I love Fathers Day with my kids I always have a sad moment missing him. Here is a memory of him which always makes me smile.

Most here know that although I am English me old man was Scottish and therefore nearly all of my immediate family are as well. So we were at a family wedding many moons ago when I was still pretty young, early teens, and one of my cousins brought along her new boyfriend who with a drink or 3 in him thought it was hilarious to start mocking me for being English and all that sort of stuff. This went on for a while, me ignoring it, my folks ignoring it and this prick getting louder and more obnoxious. Finally my pops leaned over to this chap and said "That's enough, he is my son. You have had your fun. Stop now!!"

This bloke took this as hilarious and continued along the same vein, getting even louder. Approximatley 2 minutes later my old man stood up leaned over the table, punched him in the nose and knocked him clean off his chair onto his arse, blood everywhere. " I fucking warned you!!" he said.

There was a massive uproar in the family at the time, but my pops never apologised and told folks he wouldn't. When I told him I had been alright with it he laughed and said "I was waiting for you to sort him out but when you wouldn't I knew I would have to do it for you!!"

I told him the bloke was at least 10 years older than me, a fully grown man he said "Aye so????" and added "What am I going to do with you son"......

May sound crazy but I love that memory (and a few similar)

RIP Pops. Miss you, love you!!

Yogi,

I can imagine how that memory sticks in your mind. Thanks for sharing. Btw, do you ever see the guy your father hit? Wonder if he remembers. LOL

smile
TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Favorite Fathers Day Memories [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #784257
06/17/14 07:14 AM
06/17/14 07:14 AM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Btw, do you ever see the guy your father hit? Wonder if he remembers. LOL

smile
TIS

I guarantee he remembers. Great story, Yogi.

Re: Favorite Fathers Day Memories [Re: klydon1] #784276
06/17/14 08:56 AM
06/17/14 08:56 AM
Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Yogi Barrabbas Offline
Yogi Barrabbas  Offline

Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Originally Posted By: klydon1
Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Btw, do you ever see the guy your father hit? Wonder if he remembers. LOL

smile
TIS

I guarantee he remembers. Great story, Yogi.

He actually married my cousin funnily enough and has turned out okay over the years. He ended up working in England so maybe he grew to love us a bit more lol

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull