Okay, fair enough. But you'd be surprised at some of the knuckleheads that we've had here over the years smile.

Originally Posted By: vitovito
What was Little italy like pre 90s.....?

According to some articles, there were very few tourists and lots more social clubs, and everybody knew everybody etc.....

There have always been tourists in Little Italy. Just not as many as, say, the past 25 years. Restaurants like Angelo's and Vincent's that have been in existence for a hundred years have always catered to the tourist trade.

Anybody here been to the san gennaro festival? How does it compare to back in the 70s and 80s.

All my life, and I'm almost 55. But it's nothing like it used to be. It literally took up thirty square blocks when I was growing up. Today it just runs on Mulberry, from Canal to about Kenmare.

As a unknown face, would you have felt safe going for a late night drink in say mulberry st.

Of course. It was always a "safe" neighborhood, even before the gentrification.

Very trendy place to live nowadays, i would guess an apartment there would cost a fortune.

A one bedroom in SoHo will run you roughly $2500 a month today.

At the 2010 census there wasn't a single Italian born resident living in the 10013 zip code. You're much more likely to run into a gay couple than a wiseguy on Mulberry Street today lol.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.