Even trade schools can be a waste. Like in my industry (utility construction, ie: powerlines) these new "line schools" have opened up all over the U.S. since supposedly more than 50% of the current linemen plan on retiring over the next 10-15 years. They charge kids up to 10 grand to get a worthless diploma from them. The reason I call it worthless? The schools don't offer help with employment, then when they are accepted by local utilities they STILL have to go through a 4 years apprenticeship that we all went through years ago to get where we are now to be a Journeyman Lineman. So they spend all that money to go to a 2 year school that basically only teaches them to become a grunt in our world and learn how to climb. I got paid ON THE JOB to learn, they don't tell those kids that appreniceships through the IBEW hall will get them work while they learn. They all think they have to go to school to learn this trade and blow through their education money the parents saved up when they could save it, tour the country and get paid for it!

I never went to college, make $38 an hour and get OT at time and a half to top it off. Not bad for the South!