GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (RushStreet, Havana, Mafia101), 672 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,782
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,345
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,528
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,417
Posts1,060,549
Members10,349
Most Online911
May 23rd, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Has anyone ever mailed a letter to the imprisoned? #779020
05/19/14 02:11 PM
05/19/14 02:11 PM
North Jersey
ItalianIrishMix Offline OP
Underboss
ItalianIrishMix  Offline OP
Underboss
North Jersey
A friend of mine (I think he is nuts to begin with) had told me that he wanted to send Scarfo a picture to autograph.....Does anyone know if something like this is even possible?......I am sure that some of us REALLY would like to get inside their heads on what they were thinking at that moment in time BUT, members who haven't flipped will probably honor Omertà.....For instance, I would love to as Bruno, "where were you exactly when your dad was summoned to the meeting?"....I heard he was buying come around the block but only he can confirm AND, he probably would tell whoever to Go F themselves!

Re: Has anyone ever mailed a letter to the imprisoned? [Re: ItalianIrishMix] #779021
05/19/14 02:19 PM
05/19/14 02:19 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
There are guys on RD who are pen pals with some of these guys. But if you ask me they're all fucking crazy. It's one step away from these White Trash women who fall in love with serial killers while corresponding with them in prison.

But it proves my point about wiseguys attracting stalkers. Happens all the time rolleyes.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Has anyone ever mailed a letter to the imprisoned? [Re: ItalianIrishMix] #779022
05/19/14 02:21 PM
05/19/14 02:21 PM
New Jersey
Dellacroce Offline
Underboss
Dellacroce  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
If your actually considering doing this you might be better off killing yourself.

"Let me tell you something. There's no nobility in poverty. I've been a poor man, and I've been a rich man. And I choose rich every fucking time."

-Jordan Belfort
Re: Has anyone ever mailed a letter to the imprisoned? [Re: pizzaboy] #779024
05/19/14 02:24 PM
05/19/14 02:24 PM
Ivan Offline
Underboss
Ivan  Offline
Underboss
Someone on the RD actually did this to Scarfo and Scarfo wrote back. Here's Scarfo's reply:

"I received your X-Mas card. Thank you. I don't write to people I don't know but your kind words and thoughts made me decide to to answer you and thank you. Plus you didn't talk about religion and God and all that kind of stuff. Usually that's what people do. They mean well but I'm not into that kind of stuff. I leave religion to the women and children.
I'll always be strong and fight for my freedom."

Re: Has anyone ever mailed a letter to the imprisoned? [Re: Ivan] #779026
05/19/14 02:31 PM
05/19/14 02:31 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Ivan
Someone on the RD actually did this to Scarfo and Scarfo wrote back. Here's Scarfo's reply:

"I received your X-Mas card. Thank you. I don't write to people I don't know but your kind words and thoughts made me decide to to answer you and thank you. Plus you didn't talk about religion and God and all that kind of stuff. Usually that's what people do. They mean well but I'm not into that kind of stuff. I leave religion to the women and children.

Hey Ivan. How's Chicago? Hipsters show up yet? grin

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Has anyone ever mailed a letter to the imprisoned? [Re: ItalianIrishMix] #779028
05/19/14 02:34 PM
05/19/14 02:34 PM
North Jersey
Underboss
Underboss
North Jersey
I agree pizzaboy....I have no intentions of writing them...To do so would only mess with their heads.....I believe that every man has the correct answers insides their head AND, once they acknowledge their own mortality, they begin to acknowledge right and wrong. I don't want to treat them like celebrities BUT it still does not extinguish the vast majority of us who would love to rebel, just like them, and say, F U WORLD, COME AND STOP ME! J/K, I am a law abiding citizen.

Re: Has anyone ever mailed a letter to the imprisoned? [Re: pizzaboy] #779029
05/19/14 02:36 PM
05/19/14 02:36 PM
Ivan Offline
Underboss
Ivan  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

I actually fled Chicago after a couple months to get away from the hellish winter we were having. I'm in Las Vegas at the moment. I'm not sure if I'm going back or not.

There are hipsters everywhere there.

Re: Has anyone ever mailed a letter to the imprisoned? [Re: Ivan] #779035
05/19/14 02:43 PM
05/19/14 02:43 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck

I actually fled Chicago after a couple months to get away from the hellish winter we were having. I'm in Las Vegas at the moment. I'm not sure if I'm going back or not.

I'm sure you've seen them off the Vegas Strip wink.

Are you going to stay in Nevada?

Re: Has anyone ever mailed a letter to the imprisoned? [Re: ItalianIrishMix] #779036
05/19/14 02:44 PM
05/19/14 02:44 PM
North Jersey
Underboss
Underboss
North Jersey
What is RD? I am a newb, in case it seems obvious.

Re: Has anyone ever mailed a letter to the imprisoned? [Re: ItalianIrishMix] #779037
05/19/14 02:45 PM
05/19/14 02:45 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: ItalianIrishMix
What is RD? I am a newb, in case it seems obvious.

It's another website, and I shouldn't have mentioned it here.

And welcome to the board.

Re: Has anyone ever mailed a letter to the imprisoned? [Re: pizzaboy] #779048
05/19/14 03:27 PM
05/19/14 03:27 PM
Ivan Offline
Underboss
Ivan  Offline
Underboss

I'm sure you've seen them off the Vegas Strip wink.

Are you going to stay in Nevada?

Not many hipsters in Las Vegas. There's a handful by UNLV and downtown.

Not sure if I am going to stay here permanently. I'm still thinking it over. There's a good chance I will as that -40 degree wind chill bullshit really pissed me off and I don't ever want to have to fuck around with that again.

One option I was considering was maintaining a winter home here, but living elsewhere the rest of the year. My god the winter here was nice!

Re: Has anyone ever mailed a letter to the imprisoned? [Re: Ivan] #779049
05/19/14 03:31 PM
05/19/14 03:31 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
One option I was considering was maintaining a winter home here, but living elsewhere the rest of the year. My god the winter here was nice!

Best way to go, son. Be a snowbird, like me.

When we bought the place in Florida I was still in my thirties. And what happens is, every year you use it more and more.

Re: Has anyone ever mailed a letter to the imprisoned? [Re: ItalianIrishMix] #779054
05/19/14 03:48 PM
05/19/14 03:48 PM
Midwest
LittleNicky Offline
Underboss
LittleNicky  Offline
Underboss
Midwest
Out of all the places in the country, Ivan, I got to say you picked the two cities that I wouldn't live in under almost any circumstance. Just drove through gary and chicago and got reminded how disgusting they are. I guess at least vegas is sunny

Should probably ask Mr. Kierney. I guess if you're Italian, you should be in prison.
I've read the RICO Act, and I can tell you it's more appropriate...
for some of those guys over in Washington than it is for me or any of my fellas here
Re: Has anyone ever mailed a letter to the imprisoned? [Re: LittleNicky] #779057
05/19/14 03:54 PM
05/19/14 03:54 PM
Ivan Offline
Underboss
Ivan  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: LittleNicky
Out of all the places in the country, Ivan, I got to say you picked the two cities that I wouldn't live in under almost any circumstance. Just drove through gary and chicago and got reminded how disgusting they are. I guess at least vegas is sunny

Thank you for your feedback, sir.

Re: Has anyone ever mailed a letter to the imprisoned? [Re: Ivan] #779091
05/19/14 05:48 PM
05/19/14 05:48 PM
In a wide open city
Tony_Pro Offline
Capo
Tony_Pro  Offline
Capo
In a wide open city
Quote:

Not many hipsters in Las Vegas. There's a handful by UNLV and downtown.

You're lucky, Reno (midtown area) is thick with them who've been priced out of Portland or Oakland and looking for something "not so big city". We seem to have a lot of home-grown ones too.

You might decide differently about the weather when the 110 degree Vegas blast furance starts up in July.

Last edited by Tony_Pro; 05/19/14 05:49 PM.

This life of ours, this is a wonderful life. If you can get through life like this, hey, thats great. But it's very, very unpredictable. There are so many ways you can screw it up.-Paul Castellano (he would know)

"I'm not talking about Italians, I'm talking about criminals."-Joe Valachi
Re: Has anyone ever mailed a letter to the imprisoned? [Re: Tony_Pro] #779094
05/19/14 05:55 PM
05/19/14 05:55 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Tony_Pro
You might decide differently about the weather when the 110 degree Vegas blast furance starts up in July.

No joke. I've been to Nevada at least half-a-dozen times in July and August because I have an uncle retired in Palm Springs. When it's 120 degrees, who gives a fuck if it's a so-called "dry heat"? rolleyes

Re: Has anyone ever mailed a letter to the imprisoned? [Re: ItalianIrishMix] #779096
05/19/14 05:59 PM
05/19/14 05:59 PM
T
TheAustralian Offline
Made Member
TheAustralian  Offline
T
Made Member
I don't understand the appeal of mobsters??? They're just people who would rather steal than get a real job... not that interesting. I've got plenty of relatives who are in biker gangs and they do the exact same thing (sell drugs etc) most of them are fucking boring to talk to.

Re: Has anyone ever mailed a letter to the imprisoned? [Re: ItalianIrishMix] #779098
05/19/14 06:15 PM
05/19/14 06:15 PM
Fleming_Ave Offline
Underboss
Fleming_Ave  Offline
Underboss
I wouldn't write to those guys unless you knew him already. I think most of those guys are looking to get over on anyone they can. They might hit you up for money or something. I know they're behind bars, but not everybody in the mob is locked up. I just think it's better not to get involved with them. Just my .02,as they say.

Re: Has anyone ever mailed a letter to the imprisoned? [Re: Fleming_Ave] #779099
05/19/14 06:21 PM
05/19/14 06:21 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
When Gotti was in Illinois he got hundreds of fan letters every month. There's no accounting for crazy in this world.

Re: Has anyone ever mailed a letter to the imprisoned? [Re: Ivan] #779103
05/19/14 06:40 PM
05/19/14 06:40 PM
Bamboo Lounge
NickyEyes1 Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
NickyEyes1  Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
Underboss
Bamboo Lounge

Can't handle Chicago, Ivan lol ? Just kidding, the winters are always bad but this one was by far the worst one in decades. Probably a bad first impression for someone just moving here.

Last edited by NickyEyes1; 05/19/14 06:41 PM.
Re: Has anyone ever mailed a letter to the imprisoned? [Re: pizzaboy] #779106
05/19/14 06:43 PM
05/19/14 06:43 PM
Ivan Offline
Underboss
Ivan  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Tony_Pro

No joke. I've been to Nevada at least half-a-dozen times in July and August because I have an uncle retired in Palm Springs. When it's 120 degrees, who gives a fuck if it's a so-called "dry heat"? rolleyes

Yeah that "dry heat" thing is fucking retarded.

I'm spending the summer with my brother back home starting in two weeks (I get around a lot these days). After that, I'm not sure.

Re: Has anyone ever mailed a letter to the imprisoned? [Re: NickyEyes1] #779107
05/19/14 06:45 PM
05/19/14 06:45 PM
Ivan Offline
Underboss
Ivan  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: NickyEyes1

Can't handle Chicago, Ivan lol ? Just kidding, the winters are always bad but this one was by far the worst one in decades. Probably a bad first impression for someone just moving here.

I actually LOVED the city, but I had some health issues that coincided with that Polar Vortex bullshit and it was just too much for me. But it's a great town otherwise.

Wasn't it the worst winter ever recorded or something?

Re: Has anyone ever mailed a letter to the imprisoned? [Re: Ivan] #779108
05/19/14 07:01 PM
05/19/14 07:01 PM
Bamboo Lounge
NickyEyes1 Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
NickyEyes1  Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
Underboss
Bamboo Lounge
Originally Posted By: NickyEyes1

I actually LOVED the city, but I had some health issues that coincided with that Polar Vortex bullshit and it was just too much for me. But it's a great town otherwise.

Wasn't it the worst winter ever recorded or something?

Yeah I'm pretty sure it was the 3rd snowiest on record (the 1st was only like 3 inches more). But by temperature, it was the coldest one on record.

Re: Has anyone ever mailed a letter to the imprisoned? [Re: ItalianIrishMix] #779323
05/20/14 05:36 PM
05/20/14 05:36 PM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
Like Fleming_Ave said, don't write to them unless you already know them, otherwise you might be setting yourself up as a mark for them. They do get plenty of stalkers.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: Has anyone ever mailed a letter to the imprisoned? [Re: ItalianIrishMix] #779327
05/20/14 06:15 PM
05/20/14 06:15 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
"certified"Letter from Meyer Lansky while in exile .

If you had to guess, what do you think is the price on ebay?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Meyer-Lansky-The...=item56654d6d40

Re: Has anyone ever mailed a letter to the imprisoned? [Re: getthesenets] #779330
05/20/14 06:18 PM
05/20/14 06:18 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: getthesenets
"certified"Letter from Meyer Lansky while in exile .

If you had to guess, what do you think is the price on ebay?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Meyer-Lansky-The...=item56654d6d40

Unbelievable, Gets. I was actually on eBay looking for a dvd when you posted this. And the Lansky thing is insane panic.

Re: Has anyone ever mailed a letter to the imprisoned? [Re: pizzaboy] #779336
05/20/14 06:42 PM
05/20/14 06:42 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
Unbelievable, Gets. I was actually on eBay looking for a dvd when you posted this. And the Lansky thing is insane panic.

yeah, right?
Fleming's advice was good, though it never dawned on me that a mob guy could or would do that.....

The advice to NOT write mob dude is sound advice.
Reading it prompted me to erase my earlier post about the topic of her friend/her cashing in on any correspondence from the mob guy.

The thing is, if someone is going to be a stalker/groupie for ANY infamous criminal....they should think of how to use to it to their advantage.

I guess plenty of people who got letters from incarcerated Gotti are KICKING themselves for NOT saving and auctioning them off.

Re: Has anyone ever mailed a letter to the imprisoned? [Re: ItalianIrishMix] #779636
05/22/14 02:46 PM
05/22/14 02:46 PM
P
Pretty_Amberg Offline
Wiseguy
Pretty_Amberg  Offline
P
Wiseguy
In what way do you feel that correspondence with a criminal would add to the quality of your life?

Re: Has anyone ever mailed a letter to the imprisoned? [Re: Pretty_Amberg] #779638
05/22/14 02:55 PM
05/22/14 02:55 PM
NJ
carmela Offline
Underboss
carmela  Offline
Underboss
NJ
Originally Posted By: Pretty_Amberg
In what way do you feel that correspondence with a criminal would add to the quality of your life?

I would imagine in the same way guys feel that reading Gangland every week adds to the quality of their life, or stalking mobsters' families facebook pages adds to the quality of their life, or taking retarded pics of mobsters' homes adds to the quality of their life, or speculating what Joey Oompa Loompa Merlino is driving these days adds to the quality of their life, etc etc etc.

La madre degli idioti e' sempre incinta.

Re: Has anyone ever mailed a letter to the imprisoned? [Re: carmela] #779639
05/22/14 03:00 PM
05/22/14 03:00 PM
P
Pretty_Amberg Offline
Wiseguy
Pretty_Amberg  Offline
P
Wiseguy
I would imagine in the same way guys feel that reading Gangland every week adds to the quality of their life, or stalking mobsters' families facebook pages adds to the quality of their life, or taking retarded pics of mobsters' homes adds to the quality of their life, or speculating what Joey Oompa Loompa Merlino is driving these days adds to the quality of their life, etc etc etc. [/quote]

Yes... we are on these boards to discuss gangsters and peek into their world. But I do draw a line between chit-chatting anonymously with gangster-voyeurs and giving a felon your personal address and acting as a comforting ear for them. I just can't see why anyone would want them in their life. Even Bonosera wasn't too happy with the deal he struck with the devil.

Last edited by Pretty_Amberg; 05/22/14 03:01 PM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull