Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: dsbaloo
I feel like the average person seems to think the mob has a lot more heavy shooters than they actually do.. Not every guy with a button is a killer, honestly I think there's a small number of go to guys who are shooters.. Especially in this day and age.. Being an earner and a thinker is a lot more valuable to a family than a shooter.. But shooters are also necessary to have.. There's guys like frank cali who I've heard has never even held a gun is his life let alone hit anyone..
Then there was crews like tg grazianos who had great earners like porky and then had some shooters who didn't have a dollar to their names..
I think its rare for a guy to be a huge earner and also a capable killer.. Plus these days killers aren't needed as much.. Killing seems like an absolute last resort now so having 100 members who are only good for killing isn't really a great asset to the family.

Good post, Junior.

And don't be such a f'n stranger. It's good to see you posting again smile.

Yeah, as George Freselone said, if a guy is a good earner, the family doesn't care if he's never seen a gun. It's not like the mob needs hundreds of shooters in this day and age anyway. For what they need in terms of carrying out violence, they appear to have enough.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.