Originally Posted By: goombah
It wasn't my earliest memory, but here's a quick story about my mom. When I was probably about 8 years old, I went to an Indians game with my parents. They were giving away Indians hat as a promotion when you walked through the gate. Back then, the Indians were terrible (I would say 1980/81), well before their success of the mid-1990s.

When we got to our seat, I noticed that the Indians "C" on the front of the hat was all messed up. It was falling off or something else very noticeable. My mom probably spent half of the game trying to trade that hat for one that was not defective. And I know that kids are not always the most appreciative (and I wasn't at that age), but I remember how grateful I was and how "above and beyond" I felt my mom was. While in the big scheme of things it was minor, but to an 8 year old boy it meant so much.

You just had to one-up me and my Mets story with a heartwarming Cleveland Indians story. Didn't you, Goom? grin

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.