Originally Posted By: JasonAnthony74
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: domwoods74
I agree ivy , it pisses me off wen people say the gambino's we're decimated because of john gottis rule . No they weren't they r in better shape now than they have been for years , they have there full administration whole and there numbers r pretty much the same as they have been since the 70s like u stated

But why, Dom? Why does it piss you off? Why do you need the Gambinos to be strong to get to sleep at night?

If Jack the Ripper was still alive and terrorizing England, would you want him to be stronger than ever with your four daughters living there?

My point is, you shouldn't be rooting for criminals to succeed in a country that you don't live in. Now you know I like you and you can pm me anytime you want. But that's just the way I see it smile .

LOL….I agree with you. I can't see rooting for one criminal organization over the other. A bunch of lowlife scumbags are lowlife scumbags regardless of what organization they are a part of. But for a lot of people, the 'Mafia' seems to be a fuzzier, kinder, more noble criminal organization that, falsely, has been advertised as being a collection of Robin Hood-like local knock-around guys who are basically good guys with just a little edge. I mean, they hang around the old neighborhood, they sip espresso and eat cannoli at the local deli, and they give a few bucks to the local down-and-outs -- what's not to love and admire, right? Plus, Hollywood has been glamorizing these guys for decades now, so a large part of the American public is aware of and fascinated by these local rogues who supposedly have a higher code of honor and conduct than your everyday, run-of-the-mill lowlife criminal.

It's all rather pathetic in my view. But that whole romanticized vision of the Mafia is hard to shake for some people, which is why so many seem to get offended when other criminal groups come along and, god forbid, steal some of the American Mafia's notoriety or press coverage.

Well put. But just for the record, Dom Woods isn't like that. There was just a breakwown in communication between the two of us. He's a bloody good Englishman lol.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.