IIRC the flunky gave the beads and pics back to Nick Ford so there shouldn't be anything linking Norman to that murder.

I think Romero (obviously) is corrupt. But I get the feeling that he would see it more as balancing the greater good of the town vs the cost of turning a blind eye to something everyone does anyway. As long as there's not blood in the streets (and he gets a small slice of the financial pie) he's not going to bother most dealers-at least the more important ones.

He did seem honestly bothered by the possibility that he sent an innocent man to prison so like most of us, I think he's a mix of good and evil.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungleā€”as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.