Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Originally Posted By: Dwalin2011
Originally Posted By: jimmerz

"Freedom off choice", isn't that what our nation was founded on? Drug consumption is a victimless crime.

"Freedom" is a good concept, but it modern society it gets abused and has become an excuse to justify virtually everything apart from murder, rape and theft. "Freedom" shouldn't be egoistic: you can't just spit on the feelings of your relatives who don't want to see you die because of drugs.
Even the alcohol prohibition wasn't morally "bad" or "wrong" in my opinion. Completely useless and backfiring, but not morally bad. It's sad people think that morality is an outdated concept.

Exactly. Consumption of drugs is a victimless crime? Hardly. As I said, look at the damage legal alcohol and tobacco does. There are plenty of victims and not just the consumers themselves. What it comes down to is simple selfishness on the part of the consumers. They want their fix and will often do anything to get it, no matter the cost to themselves, their family and friends, or society as a whole.

Everything you just talked about is already a crime- ie the crime against the rights of others. There is no absurdity at saying the drug should be legal or decriminalized- but at the point that a person, perhaps under influence of said drug, does damage to others that they be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

It was like morons on fox last year talking about decriminalizing weed is going to lead to "people getting all potted up on weed and getting behind the wheel". News flash, that's already a crime and stands as a completely separate and distinct issue from the legalization argument.

Should probably ask Mr. Kierney. I guess if you're Italian, you should be in prison.
I've read the RICO Act, and I can tell you it's more appropriate...
for some of those guys over in Washington than it is for me or any of my fellas here