Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Originally Posted By: DE NIRO
Well not me, i'm just not a believer. You shouldn't speak for everyone Ivy..

You say that but I'm sure you've heard the old saying, "There are no atheists in fox holes."

I imagine if you were in a life threatening situation or some sort of life crisis, you couldn't help but have your thoughts turn to something higher than yourself or what might wait for you after death. Every self-professed atheist has or will face this, if only at the closing moments of their life.

Not only are you fabricating facts for an argument, but you are fabricating an argument that contradicts your premise. You suggest that a belief in a higher being will most readily surface in times of great peril or crisis when one is less likely to rely on one's rationality, intellect or sense, and that the mysteries of God are revealedin the face of impending demise or a sudden crisis where one's best judgment is clouded by the anxiety of the moment. Moreover, the foxhole bit is just a line. Where some agnostics might suddenly hope for the miracle of everlasting life when his life is suddenly in danger, it doesn't mean he actually would believe it. Don't confuse hope with belief.