Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

Thanks, buddy smile .

And many of these Atheists become so overzealous in their belief (or non-belief), that they become as fanatical as some fundamentalist religious types. And in that case, their Atheism almost becomes a religion in itself. And that kinda defeats the whole purpose of abandoning religion in the first place.

Just live and let live. I'm a Catholic. I have a strong respect for Judaism. But Jews and Catholics don't proselytize. The idea of standing on a corner and handing out flyers, or ringing doorbells, is ridiculous to me.

If you're a believer, pray to your God and shut up about it. If you're an Atheist, you're entitled to your beliefs (or non-beliefs) as well. But when you start protesting every time a Deity is mentioned in a school play, or the Pledge of Allegiance gets you foaming at the mouth, then you're a fanatic in you're own right.

Like I said, just live and let live.

I agree with everything here.
While there are religious fanatics, many atheists are intolerant towards people who "dare" to disagree with them in the same manner. I once discussed about religion with somebody on another forum (not about organized crime) and on a certain point asked a simple question:

"have you ever though that, if I may be wrong about something, you may be as well?" (in this case it was about the existence or non-existence of God).

You can't even imagine how rabid this guy turned after this question. Even a Crips/Bloods member who catches somebody dealing drugs on his turf would be more reasonable than that individual became after I implied that his "rational logic" may sometimes be too self-serving.

Willie Marfeo to Henry Tameleo:

1) "You people want a loaf of bread and you throw the crumbs back. Well, fuck you. I ain't closing down."

2) "Get out of here, old man. Go tell Raymond to go shit in his hat. We're not giving you anything."