Originally Posted By: Belmont
A nice guy puts a pool in his yard and spends about 75k on it. After he puts his pool in, his neighbor in back of him says his nice, new renovation is on his property by almost a foot. The neighbor goes to the town and asks that all that hard work and all that hard earned money get thrown away because he said its his property and he wants all the fencing and even the pool moved and he is taking it to court. Now this guy has a rather large yard and coming about 6 inches on his property isnt going to effect his quality if life; it was purely an accident but now he is taking advantage and threatening to sue the poor bastard. Distraught and stressed, he mentions his issue to a friend who knows a guy. 2 mean guys approach the jerk off while he is in his garage doing some painting. Without a word, the guy gets pummeled and warned if he doesnt drop the law suit and doesnt stop going to the town, his head is going be chopped off and shoved straight up his ass.

And what if you're on the flip side of that home improvement?

True story: A guy buys the house across the street from the _________ on Schurz Avenue, right on the water, here in Throggs Neck. There are beautiful hundred year old trees on the property. One day, _____ decides he wants a better view of the water and "asks" the guy to cut the trees down. He politely declines. Awhile later, the guy and his family go on vacation, come home and find these beautiful trees cut down to the ground. Less than a year later, the guy is so fucking scared he sells the house and moves away.

My point is, you can cherry pick these scenarios all day long. But unless you've lived with these people all your life, and you know firsthand what they expect of you when they do you a favor, you really aren't in a position to give an objective answer.

Don Corleone doing favors on his daughter's wedding day is a fantasy. In America, anyway. I admit, in Sicily, what with the history, things are a little different.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.