Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: cornuto_e_contento
I like the new Papa but I do not believe he was born in Argentina; but instead in Southern Italy, and then later his family moved to Argentina when he was very young before the start of the war.

He was born in Argentina and so was his Mother. And just for the record, his father was from Piedmont, which is in the NORTH of Italy. So I don't know where you're getting the idea that Pope Francis is Southern Italian, but you're wrong.

The Pope is one of the two or three most public figures in the entire world. His lineage is a matter of public record. He couldn't hide his ancestry if he tried.

It's obvious he is from Southern Italy and was born there, even if the church and he want to lie and claim he has heritage from Northern Italy.

*Gasp* OMG you mean the Vatican actually falsifies documents, and lies about a Pope's heritage, and biographical information? Who would have thought that?!?!!!

But the Roman Catholic church has been lying like this and giving misdirection since it started, and they have done this with ALL popes not just the current one.

On the topic of canonization that happens because someone pays a lot of money to the Vatican. I also do not think of these people as being Saints either.

Last edited by cornuto_e_contento; 05/01/14 11:44 AM.