Code:
Round 1

B  Alex   "Sweater Weather"
B  Jena   "My Body"
B  Caleb  "Don't Wanna Miss a Thing"
B- Sam    "Sing"
D  Jess   "Human"

ALEX was good, a fitting song. K: Could've soared; H: Popular sound

CALEB is better at belting than singing. J: Made it yours, goosies; H: Sing to audience, not camera; K: More feeling

Trio: Jena, Alex, Sam - "Best Day of My Life" (B)

JESS wasn't great, especially in lower register. H: Pitch issues but improved performance; J: Live in the song

SAM was okay, funky, a bit Zzz. K: Tough song; H: Need to be in the pocket, but something different

JENA's lower register was totally lost, but a decent stage performance (best of the lot). J: Own style now; H: You move, fun

Code:
Round 2

B+ Caleb  "Still of The Night"
B+ Alex   "Say Something"
B- Sam    "How To Save a Life"
B- Jena   "Valerie"
C- Jess   "Summertime Sadness"

Duet: Caleb & Jess - "Beast of Burden" (B)

ALEX was strong as usual. H: Didn't give in to emotion, performance of the night; K: Beautiful

JENA's voice (nasally vibrato) I'm getting used to. K: Killer vocals; J: Not best one (tempo, arrangement)

SAM wasn't bad, but not a great night for him. J: Shaky beginning, goosies; H: Pitch issues, dynamics issues

JESS was lackluster, even showing full leg. H: Perfect song for you; K: Lean into it more; J: Dig in more performance wise

CALEB = RAWK! K: Killer; J: Crazy!; H: Fantastic

Code:
Overall

1 Alex
2 Caleb
3 Jena
4 Sam
5 Jess

Alex and Caleb were very close, but Alex is the better singer. Jena edged out Sam with her stage presence. Jess, well, needs to go next.

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations