well, I think that is the inherent cycle in ethnic based organized crime in foreign nations. After a few generations the bond of that shared ethnic background begins to fade. especially considering America's LCN's steadfast position on only making full blooded italians. perhaps if America suffers further economic windfall and the governmental systems that people are used to will no longer operate as expected, it will necessitate a sort of local unofficial "government" that the Sicilian mob has its roots (allegedly) in. I could see the American mafia taking advantage of such a situation.

Or if Italy suffers a similar fate to Spain and Greece causing a second Italian Diaspora, that may reinvigorate italian communities as migrant Italians settle in areas where other Italians go.

It's hard to say, it was a different world in the late 1800's and many western nations were still going through the growing pains of industrialization.

In Canada, however, I know the Rizzutos made no less than 2 non-Italians -- Thus it could be argued that within the next generation or two, the Montreal factions will begin to face the same issues as their American cohorts.