GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (2 invisible), 699 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,851
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,592
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,537
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,460
Posts1,061,334
Members10,349
Most Online992
Jun 1st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: NBA Owner's Racist Rant [Re: getthesenets] #775364
05/03/14 12:30 AM
05/03/14 12:30 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: getthesenets
@Ivy

The owner of the Colts was recently caught with FELONY amounts of illegal drugs a few weeks after the Superbowl.

I'll update this thread when the case is decided but would you go on record and guess what kind of legal ramifications will result?
What penalties do you think the NFL will impose on Irsay?

here' a article that came out shortly after the arrest

http://deadspin.com/police-jim-irsay-was-arrested-with-a-briefcase-full-of-1552701373

However the NFL decides to handle Irsay's situation, I highly doubt he'll be banned for life. As for the legal side, I imagine his lawyers will plea bargain the four counts of felony possession and DUI down to something much smaller.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: NBA Owner's Racist Rant [Re: pizzaboy] #775425
05/03/14 10:59 AM
05/03/14 10:59 AM
C
cookcounty Offline
Underboss
cookcounty  Offline
C
Underboss
@ivyleague

are there even any black people in utah for you to be so "conservative"

how are u "conservative" with all the oddball shit that goes on in utah?

Re: NBA Owner's Racist Rant [Re: Yogi Barrabbas] #775474
05/03/14 04:13 PM
05/03/14 04:13 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas
Racism is still rife in soccer in mainland Europe, an awful thing in this day and age. Eastern Europe especially, but in Spain at the weekend, Dani Alves, a black Brazilian who plays for the mighty Barcelona was pelted with bananas whilst taking a corner!!!! Absolutely shocking. What is the matter with these people???

read about that....it was allegedly a publicity stunt of some sort...but like you said...real incidents like that happen quite a bit in eastern europe,and Spain. Italy also.

On a related note...Boston Bruins fans flooded social media with racist nonsense after a Black opposing player scored winning goal in overtime of a playoff hockey game.

here's a link from local Boston media

http://bostonherald.com/sports/bruins_nhl/bruins_insider/2014/05/bruins_react_to_racist_tweets

Re: NBA Owner's Racist Rant [Re: Yogi Barrabbas] #775483
05/03/14 06:20 PM
05/03/14 06:20 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline OP
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline OP
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
a black Brazilian who plays for the mighty Barcelona was pelted with bananas whilst taking a corner!!!!

The exact same thing happened to Patrick Ewing at Madison Square Garden in 1985. I know it was almost thirty years ago, but still, so much for New York being the most "tolerant" city in the world.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: NBA Owner's Racist Rant [Re: pizzaboy] #775519
05/04/14 07:22 AM
05/04/14 07:22 AM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
There is racism in Brazil between the light skinned and dark skinned Brazilians.

On the Basketball owner banned for life? He is 87 years old give or take life can end tommorow for him.

When you get really old your brain doesn't always work right. Not making excuses for him, but it is a fact.

This is what happens when you get old. You can remember what happened 60 years ago like Yestarday. But you can't seem to remember what happened Yestarday.

New York City is tolerant if you live in the city you know that. But, most tolerant I don't know that.

only the unloved hate
Re: NBA Owner's Racist Rant [Re: Footreads] #775526
05/04/14 08:16 AM
05/04/14 08:16 AM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
@Footread,

why do I get the suspicion that you are the guy formerly known as cornuto?

Re: NBA Owner's Racist Rant [Re: pizzaboy] #775531
05/04/14 08:42 AM
05/04/14 08:42 AM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
Nope sorry

only the unloved hate
Re: NBA Owner's Racist Rant [Re: pizzaboy] #775535
05/04/14 08:50 AM
05/04/14 08:50 AM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
a black Brazilian who plays for the mighty Barcelona was pelted with bananas whilst taking a corner!!!!

The exact same thing happened to Patrick Ewing at Madison Square Garden in 1985. I know it was almost thirty years ago, but still, so much for New York being the most "tolerant" city in the world.

I knew that this happened routinely to Ewing in college.Coach Thompson forfeited at least one game when he walked his team off the court when school officials, refs,etc would NOT or could NOT get some racist signs removed from the facility...

Older guy who worked as a security guard at the school I went to told me this story. Ewing's sister was a grad student there...Georgetown comes in to play..his sister had to watch her fellow students and probably people that she went to class with yell all sorts of racist stuff, throw things at, and hold up racist signs directed at the Hoyas and her brother. There was a small feature about her in the school newspaper a few days before the game.

Reporters saw all of this stuff happen to Ewing during his college career as the Hoyas were a high profile team....but almost unanimously they chose not to write about it.

This is the first I'm reading about it happening at MSG, but nothing surprises me when it comes to racism.

Re: NBA Owner's Racist Rant [Re: getthesenets] #775645
05/04/14 04:59 PM
05/04/14 04:59 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline OP
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline OP
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
This is the first I'm reading about it happening at MSG, but nothing surprises me when it comes to racism.

Oh, it happened, Gets. My brother and I used to go to at least twenty games a year back then, and I saw it first hand.

There was a Celtic game that was particularly ugly. These booze addled White trash Boston fans drove over 200 miles to throw banana peels at the poor guy. And I know they got cuffed, but I'm not sure if they were taken to the tombs, or just taken to the "Garden Jail" and released when they sobered up.

But you're right about about those incidents being under-reported. It was disgraceful.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: NBA Owner's Racist Rant [Re: pizzaboy] #775669
05/04/14 06:54 PM
05/04/14 06:54 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss

Oh, it happened, Gets. My brother and I used to go to at least twenty games a year back then, and I saw it first hand.

There was a Celtic game that was particularly ugly. These booze addled White trash Boston fans drove over 200 miles to throw banana peels at the poor guy. And I know they got cuffed, but I'm not sure if they were taken to the tombs, or just taken to the "Garden Jail" and released when they sobered up.

But you're right about about those incidents being under-reported. It was disgraceful.

And Ewing is a Boston guy
......the story about the Bruins fans going full racist at the hockey player mentions that .....whoops..the Bruins drafted HIS younger brother this year.

I've met some open racists from football obsessed deep south...they don't care for Blacks but if the right Black recruit can get their alma mater to the national championship.....he can marry their sister for all they care.

Bill Russell was the greatest winner Boston, or any city has ever known...and he got his house vandalized by people who didn't want him in their neighborhood.

so much for simple labels like liberal=good,open minded
bible belt=bad,

boston is one of the most liberal cities in the country and one of the most racist

Re: NBA Owner's Racist Rant [Re: Footreads] #775671
05/04/14 07:03 PM
05/04/14 07:03 PM
C
cornuto_e_contento Offline
Capo
cornuto_e_contento  Offline
C
Capo
Originally Posted By: Footreads
There is racism in Brazil between the light skinned and dark skinned Brazilians.

True; but Brasilians have so many terms and classifications about race that it's not something people in North America always understand, and they use terms that many African-Americans would find racist like Mulatto, canela (cinnamon), amarela (yellow), or chocolate to describe peoples' race, heritage, or skin color.

Something a lot of Americans do not realise about Brasil is that they have the largest Japanese population outside of Japan and the Japanese people in Brasil have assimilated and done very well.

Re: NBA Owner's Racist Rant [Re: cornuto_e_contento] #776290
05/07/14 07:57 PM
05/07/14 07:57 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
wbc suspends boxer after racially insensitive comments

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/20552...sitive-comments

Re: NBA Owner's Racist Rant [Re: getthesenets] #776292
05/07/14 08:00 PM
05/07/14 08:00 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline OP
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline OP
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
wbc suspends boxer after racially insensitive comments

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/20552...sitive-comments

Political correctness run amok. If a Mexican fighter said "I just beat shit out of an American," it wouldn't even make the papers.

Re: NBA Owner's Racist Rant [Re: pizzaboy] #776316
05/08/14 03:14 AM
05/08/14 03:14 AM
B
bigboy Offline
Underboss
bigboy  Offline
B
Underboss

Perhaps this is a Boston thing. Back in the 60's and 70's I was a Buffalo Bills fan and all the time I heard stories of Bills fans going to a game in Boston and if wearing Bills apparel, getting an ass kicking.I also remember a pre season game in Rochester NY and as a large crowd of Boston people fighting small groups of Bills fans when they were caught outnumbered,

Re: NBA Owner's Racist Rant [Re: cornuto_e_contento] #776317
05/08/14 03:15 AM
05/08/14 03:15 AM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
Originally Posted By: cornuto_e_contento
Originally Posted By: Footreads

True; but Brasilians have so many terms and classifications about race that it's not something people in North America always understand, and they use terms that many African-Americans would find racist like Mulatto, canela (cinnamon), amarela (yellow), or chocolate to describe peoples' race, heritage, or skin color.

Something a lot of Americans do not realise about Brasil is that they have the largest Japanese population outside of Japan and the Japanese people in Brasil have assimilated and done very well.

There are a lot of Italians in Brazil as well.

only the unloved hate
Re: NBA Owner's Racist Rant [Re: pizzaboy] #776445
05/08/14 02:55 PM
05/08/14 02:55 PM
B
bigboy Offline
Underboss
bigboy  Offline
B
Underboss
How about that black senator from Mississippi who, this week said some racist things and called Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas an "Uncle Tom"????OK???

Re: NBA Owner's Racist Rant [Re: bigboy] #776448
05/08/14 03:01 PM
05/08/14 03:01 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline OP
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline OP
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: bigboy
How about that black senator from Mississippi who, this week said some racist things and called Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas an "Uncle Tom"????OK???

It's inexcusable. But two wrongs don't make a right. Bennie Thompson's stupidity doesn't make Donald Sterling any smarter wink .

Re: NBA Owner's Racist Rant [Re: pizzaboy] #776456
05/08/14 03:42 PM
05/08/14 03:42 PM
cheech Offline
Underboss
cheech  Offline
Underboss
Here's who I don't like

Trashy people that have no respect for themselves or others

I DONT care about class, race, gender etc.

I show you respect and you show me respect, done.

Sounds simple right....a person can dream smile

When Interpol?
Re: NBA Owner's Racist Rant [Re: cheech] #776467
05/08/14 04:45 PM
05/08/14 04:45 PM
M
MikeyO Offline
BANNED
MikeyO  Offline
BANNED
M
Capo
Originally Posted By: cheech
Here's who I don't like

Trashy people that have no respect for themselves or others

I DONT care about class, race, gender etc.

I show you respect and you show me respect, done.

Sounds simple right....a person can dream smile

Respect Cheech Respect

Re: NBA Owner's Racist Rant [Re: pizzaboy] #776552
05/09/14 06:55 AM
05/09/14 06:55 AM
B
bigboy Offline
Underboss
bigboy  Offline
B
Underboss

It's inexcusable. But two wrongs don't make a right. Bennie Thompson's stupidity doesn't make Donald Sterling any smarter wink .
Agree P.B. That's for sure. Just don't like double standards.

Re: NBA Owner's Racist Rant [Re: pizzaboy] #777065
05/12/14 05:39 AM
05/12/14 05:39 AM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
I've pretty much kept out of this discussion but recently it's been made public that the NBA owner's are going to attempt to vote to force Donald Sterling to sell his team. His wife, Shelly Sterling owns 50% of the team and she doesn't want to sell. LeBron James and Magic Johnson have both come forward to pretty much state that they want all of the Sterling's gone from the Clippers. Now, my question is, is that really fair? Shelly never made those comments and it just seems like guilt by association. If the NBA wants to run Donald Sterling out of the game, fine, I have no problem with that. But is it right for other players to say his estranged wife be gone too although (to public knowledge) she's done nothing wrong here!?

Re: NBA Owner's Racist Rant [Re: pizzaboy] #777075
05/12/14 06:09 AM
05/12/14 06:09 AM
C
cookcounty Offline
Underboss
cookcounty  Offline
C
Underboss
^^^^^^^^^^^

this ain't 1840, they're not gonna let his family keep his plantation

imagine how much of a racist dickhead you've gotta be in order to lose your franchise

Re: NBA Owner's Racist Rant [Re: Irishman12] #777094
05/12/14 07:33 AM
05/12/14 07:33 AM
cheech Offline
Underboss
cheech  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Irishman12
I've pretty much kept out of this discussion but recently it's been made public that the NBA owner's are going to attempt to vote to force Donald Sterling to sell his team. His wife, Shelly Sterling owns 50% of the team and she doesn't want to sell. LeBron James and Magic Johnson have both come forward to pretty much state that they want all of the Sterling's gone from the Clippers. Now, my question is, is that really fair? Shelly never made those comments and it just seems like guilt by association. If the NBA wants to run Donald Sterling out of the game, fine, I have no problem with that. But is it right for other players to say his estranged wife be gone too although (to public knowledge) she's done nothing wrong here!?

owning an NBA team isnt a right...there are bylaws you have to abide by...almost like owning a condo or a town home...you dont abide by the guidelines (loud music, garbage, etc.) they can force you to move...its not like there going to make just the husband move, kids and wife and dog gotta go to

When Interpol?
Re: NBA Owner's Racist Rant [Re: cheech] #777101
05/12/14 07:43 AM
05/12/14 07:43 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline OP
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline OP
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: cheech

owning an NBA team isnt a right...there are bylaws you have to abide by...almost like owning a condo or a town home...you dont abide by the guidelines (loud music, garbage, etc.) they can force you to move...its not like there going to make just the husband move, kids and wife and dog gotta go to

That's pretty much it. There really isn't any due process like in a court of law. But owners know this going in. It's not like they're changing the NBA by-laws just to torture this guy.

Re: NBA Owner's Racist Rant [Re: Irishman12] #777208
05/12/14 02:26 PM
05/12/14 02:26 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss

Like my first comment in this thread stated....Sterling's rant(#1) was consistent with some of the commets/actions that he's bee linked to in the past including housing discrimination lawsuit that he settled.

Unless I'm mistaken, his wife was named in the lawsuit and/ or some of the questionable actions linked to Sterling.

The idea that she retains partial ownership of the team gives the impression that Sterling would be circumventing the ruling that Commish. Silver put down.

Some of the attorneys on the site can determine whether she has legitimate 50% stake in the team. Would she have the same legal rights as a person or group that Sterling sold 50% stake in the team to.Does she attend/vote in owner's meetings?

I didn't think the Sterlings would go away quietly, but sports are about Americas coming together and Donald's involvement/connection to the NBA is hurting the brand

Re: NBA Owner's Racist Rant [Re: pizzaboy] #777231
05/12/14 03:31 PM
05/12/14 03:31 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
In an update, I heard today that it's in the NBA's bylaws that if an owner is voted out, then the rest of the owner's group is out too. This was the first I've heard of it that's why I posed the question. But since it's in the NBA's bylaws (such as owner conduct, etc) then I don't believe she has a shot at retaining her share of the team.

Re: NBA Owner's Racist Rant [Re: getthesenets] #778158
05/16/14 04:10 AM
05/16/14 04:10 AM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss

When your views prevent you from doing your job or treating others with common decency..THAT'S when it's a problem

Election of Obama has brought a lot of these feelings to the surface.

Like clockwork

http://www.newsnet5.com/news/local-news/...ng-obama-n-word

POLICE COMMISH caught calling POTUS a slur and refuses to apologize or step down.

I always say...be WHO you are and be consistent..and while this guy is a racist asshole..have to respect him fully embracing being a racist asshole.

Don't say racist shit and then apologize and claim not to be a racist.

Last edited by getthesenets; 05/16/14 04:22 AM.
Re: NBA Owner's Racist Rant [Re: pizzaboy] #778161
05/16/14 04:32 AM
05/16/14 04:32 AM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
Maybe no one has noticed this but the guys saying this shit are in their mid 80s.

I have one word that might explain it Dementia

only the unloved hate
Re: NBA Owner's Racist Rant [Re: pizzaboy] #778823
05/18/14 12:47 PM
05/18/14 12:47 PM
C
cookcounty Offline
Underboss
cookcounty  Offline
C
Underboss
@getthesenets

racism is worth too many "conservatives" jobs if u ask me

this stupid mothafucka is gonna lose his job over someone that's about to be unemployed

@footreads

donald sterling is probably going to hell when he dies

Re: NBA Owner's Racist Rant [Re: bigboy] #779181
05/20/14 07:02 AM
05/20/14 07:02 AM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss

Heard most of the audio. The idea that disagreeing with Obamacare....or any of Obama's decisions makes someone a racist is ludicrous...and trivializes real racism.

The fringe element of people who just hate a Black man being potus are a small but vocal minority of people.

The element of people who would blindly follow Obama's decisions regardless of how they would be personally impacted is a small minority of people also.

Politicians know how to exploit people who already have their minds made up. Articles, stories and sound bytes will be seen/heard and then repeated VERBATIM by this element without examining/checking any of it out for themselves.

Thompson is from Miss. and that state has a very ugly history regarding all Americans being able to FULLY enjoy the rights of citizenship, so his read on things might be different than mine but one face value...I have to say he's talking out of his ass on the point about anybody opposing Obamacare instantly being a racist. Ninety % of the criticisms of Obama are STANDARD partisan politics and/or valid disagreements with his policies/actions.

Some of the "he hates America" stuff falls into category of politicos pandering to happily uninformed people.

Thompson's comments, at least the ones I heard..fall into category of pandering also.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull