Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: Signor Vitelli
Certainly more so than the 1961 remake (which was referred to, in some circles, as I Was A Teenage Jesus

I understand the criticism of that film, SV. It wasn't very good. But I never got the teenage Jesus part. I mean, Jeffrey Hunter was about 33 or 34 when they filmed that movie. Same age as Christ when he was crucified. And speaking of Hunter, he died from falling down a flight of stairs, right?

You're right about Hunter's age; he was born in 1926. As far as his cause of death, here's what Wikipedia has to say:

On the night of May 26, 1969, Hunter suffered an intracranial hemorrhage while on a three-stair set of steps at his Van Nuys, California home. He fell, knocked over a planter and struck his head on the banister which fractured his skull. He was found unconscious by his wife and taken to Valley Presbyterian Hospital where he underwent brain surgery to repair his injuries, but died at around 9:30 am the following morning, at the age of 42.

Signor V.

"For me, there's only my wife..."

"Sure I cook with wine - sometimes I even add it to the food!"

"When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies?"

"It was a grass harp... And we listened."

"Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it? Every, every minute?"

"No. Saints and poets, maybe... they do some."