Originally Posted By: Questadt
Originally Posted By: dontomasso
Didn't the Senate Committe have Hagen's picture on that board as a family member?

There is a "crime/fraud" exception to attorney-client privilege, so there was no way Michael could ever "legitimize" Tom any more than he could legitimize himself.

Dunno. But if that's the case, then why was Tom ever allowed to legally represent Michael during the Committee hearings? And why did the Committee not attempt to subpoena records of any legal communications between Michael and Tom? And why did the Committee not attempt to depose Tom himself?

My understanding is that a Congressional committee or subcommittee has the power to issue subpoenas for witnesses and evidence, and can cite uncooperative witnesses for contempt of Congress.

I also wondered about Hagen representing Michael when his photo was on the FBI chart. I was thinking of the last Gotti trial, when the judge disqualified Cutler and Shargel from representing Gotti because the government tapes indicated that they were "house counsel." But a Congressional hearing is not a trial.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.