Originally Posted By: night_timer
Killing Joke? That was the name of an 80s punk band in Britain!

Pacific Islanders are involved to some extent in Sydney, but I don't know their gang names. Many are into more legitimate stuff like security guard and nightclub "bouncing" work.

To put it gently, I think they have more muscle than brains generally, so they don't get involved in sophisticated (white collar crime) rackets.

The guys getting arrested (for nothing) in my video above - they are Pacific Islanders.

Most nightclub bouncers in Sydney are Pacific Islanders because those guys are physically massive.

John Ibrahim's personal bodyguard is an islander - his name is "Tongan Sam" and he's from (you guessed it) the Pacific island of Tonga.

We know John, but I won't say too much. I follow the rules and always act respectful. We can film inside his clubs (we're the only ones allowed to) because he wants to show that his clubs are 'legit' and to show that he has "nothing to hide".

Do you want to see the strength of a Pacific Islander? Watch my two video clips here:

Firstly, we see multiple cops trying to restrain an angry islander: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiklkY1XPlw

Then we see the Islander after he is released from the Police Station following his arrest. I wonder what they did to him inside the cop-shop: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyLOqoC4jjc

Hahaha I got my name from the infamous Batman comic story. Didn't know there was an 80's punk band with the same name lol

A lot of Islanders indeed tend to have a morbidly huge physique, so it doesn't come as a surprise that they're involved in security work. From what I now outside of Australia Samoan criminals tend to be muscle over brains, but apparently in Hawaii there's something resembling Samoan organized crime and in California some Samoan street gangs have the same reputation in the local underworld as the much more widespread black and Hispanic gangs.

Yeah, I've read about the Ibrahim family. There appear to be very little direct connections between John Ibrahim and criminal activities. The same can't be said for his brothers though lol
Here in Europe several German cities also have become ground zero for Lebanese OC. It's mostly large Mhallami (a local ethnic group) clans that immigrated from Lebanon to Berlin, Bremen,... Most Mhallami families are (as with any ethnic group) law-abiding of course. But there are several families like Al-Zein, Miri or Omeirat that literally have hundreds of family members in which some of them formed mafia-like structures rivalling the established criminal Turkish, Kurdish, Albanian, Italian, Serbian, Greek and German (mostly in the form of Hells Angels) ones.