Outlaw Motorcycle gangs have changed a lot over the years. They started out as a bunch of drunk, rowdy vets then towards the '70s became more involved in the rackets. Most of the "clubs" now are somewhere in between. Most of the "chapters" are just a few heads deep and generally work independent from each other than when they ride together on "runs" to motorcycle rallies. A lot of guys have legit jobs doing construction or working on cars.

They sure are a lot more clean cut then they used to be. Most of the Hells Angels here in California are clean shaven jock-looking guys who usually dress in modern hip-hop style cloths. The other major clubs around here are the Mongols and the Vagos. These groups have a larger number of Hispanic members and identify more with "cholo" style clothes and tattoos.

I agree that the cops and the media really play these guys up like they are the top dogs in the underworld. While they do have some serious juice on the street, they hardly run the show. They still have to tow the line like every other gang and bow down to the M.

The Mongols found that out the hard way back when Doc was calling the shots from the club. They really got themselves in a mess. I don't know if the green light has been lifted, but I know that a lot of these act hard on the street with their colors on and their "bros" with them but when they hit County they PC up real quick.