Originally Posted By: ChiTown
Originally Posted By: funkster
What I wanna know is what NYC guys they were talking about.

It wasn't NYC guys. It was "East Coast" guys and if you listen to the tapes Calabrese is going on and on about "Raymond." He is talking about Raymond Patriarca Jr. He, Calabrese, Shorty, Frank Jr. and others served time together. Most of the guys were from Boston, Conneticut and the Bronx according to Frankie Jr.

Also Shorty was a relatively major player on the Southside...don't let Calabrese' lies and boasts to his son distort who the guy was. Shorty was a gangster tried and true, as were his sons Rocco and Aldo. Shorty worked for Skids Caruso and was very connected in Outfit circles...he was not a stooge or hated by LaPietra whatsoever. Calabrese said a lot of bullshit to his son to make himself look better.

That's exactly what i was saying in my first response...that most thought it was Calabrese just being full of shit. I have never seen the transcripts other than that Suntimes article. Where can it be found you know? And you're right he does say East Coast...i've never seen who they were referring to. As Mmaloni asked, are his kids still active?