Originally Posted By: Extortion
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: LaLouisiane
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
I was merely pointing out that wiseguys have always attracted the same types of groupies and stalkers that celebrities and athletes attract. And it's especially true today, in the Internet age. It's just that, when some nutjob sleeps in his car across the street from Vinny Basciano's old house to take a picture, or approaches Tore LoCasio at the Publix on Marco Island, and tells him "great job on staying low key," rolleyes it doesn't make the newspapers.

People actually do that in NY?

There are lots of crazies in this world, Lalou. People used to approach Gotti for his fucking autograph all the time. And he enjoyed the fucking attention. But look how things worked out for him wink.

I don't see how asking for John Gotti's autograph qualifies as "crazy stalker". I'm sure myself and many others on here and in general would want to get his autograph.

Well, you're right. That wouldn't necessarily make someone a "crazy stalker." But sitting on a guy's house just to take a picture and put it on the Internet would. And these guys do get those types of crazies in their lives. And I wasn't singling anyone out on this board.

Look, we all have an interest in this stuff or we wouldn't be here. But if you're searching property records and using Google Earth to see what mafioso homes look like, then your interest is probably a little more than what's healthy.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.