Originally Posted By: Snakes
Marcello was basically running things even though DiFronzo was the "boss." DiFronzo has pretty much been in an advisory role for the past decade. Marcello probably would have been boss if he wouldn't have been locked up Mike Sarno took over Cicero after Marcello went away but he was imprisoned almost immediately after Marcello was. Now, either Solly D. or Inendino run that crew.

That's what it seems to me. One article cited an informant saying Sarno was still turning over money to DiFronzo.

Originally Posted By: BURNSY
as Chicago heights and rush street crew members died or were imprisoned I understand that the remnants were absorbed into other crews. the same type trends have been happening with grand avenue and cicero/26th street. my question was more along the lines of are there now 2 active crews in Chicago covering territory north and south. meaning no more Elmwood,grand,cicero 26th street.

Originally Posted By: Snakes
I think there are still three; North, South, and West, maybe just South and West if you believe that Elmwood Park is no longer active. I believe the North is still referred to as Elmwood Park, the West as Cicero, and the South as just the South Side, although they may be interchangeable.

Going back to 2007, the Outfit was said to have the 4 remaining crews and run in northern and southern sections. More recently, in 2011, one FBI official said the Outfit was down to "2 or 3 crews."

That same year had the article that talked about Caruso being lower in the hierarchy than Sarno and kicking up to him. So at least at that point, there were likely 3 crews - Elmwood Park (North Side), Melrose (West Side), and 26th Street (South Side).

It wouldn't surprise me if, at some point, things were consolidated further to where you had just 2 groups - the Elmwood Park/North Side guys and everyone else.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.