Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: 123JoeSchmo
And even better, he's doing it while not changing church doctrine. It's a win-win situation.

That's the key, Joe. He's been so effective that some have actually been fooled into thinking this guy may change the Church's position on gay marriage and abortion. That's not going to happen. But he has preached love and acceptance about these groups. And it is, like you say, a win-win.

I love this guy! smile

Mmm...it's a tricky thing. People thinking he does want to change the church's position on these things is a problem. There'a a lot to be said about perception. And let's not forget that, if they can't get the church to change it's doctrine altogether, the next best thing for people in favor of abortion and gay marriage is to get him and the church to minimize the importance of speaking out against those things. Put it so far on the back-burner that the church might as well change it's doctrine. It's easy to see through their motives in all this. The church, as well as all religious institutions, can help people and show love while still calling sin a sin. Telling people what they want to hear, and saying sin isn't a sin or not that big a deal, isn't helping them at all but simply feeding into their delusions.

wouldn't fucking little kids in the ass be considered gay?

that's what i don't understand about the situation

nobody speaks out against that shit and it's the foulest of all fouls

maybe i'm wrong