The evidence that merlino is official boss is vastly overrated.

1. He could easily be living his current lifestyle through money saved during his tenure whilst on the street or through wealthy mafia groupies for numerous reasons.

2. Ligambi being introduced as acting at the Gambino meet indicated nothing. The Genovese family haven't had an official since chin. But they've had several acting eg Daniel Leo.
Just because Ligambi was acting doesn't make Merlino official.

3. That guys on the street in Philly would be working the grind day to day risking the can just to send Merlino who's sunning himself in Florida a fat envelope every month is reaching at best. Would you?

4. The guy would have to be clinically insane to think he has a chance in hell of not getting put away again if he resumed his position. He's already done a 10 stretch. He's not stupid enough to not know it's over for him if he returns.
And this crap about he's OG through and through? Living large in Miami beats the shit out of being an OG in a box in supermax Colorado. And joey knows this.

Last edited by SonnyBlackstein; 03/17/14 07:35 AM.

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
CHUCKIE: Morgan, Let's go.
MORGAN: I'm serious Chuckie, I ain't goin'.
WILL: So don't go.