Originally Posted By: Extortion
So what you are saying is that you need to be mob wannabe that knows wiseguys in real life to like crime?

Not at all. I've always given the proper credit and respect to our board members and researchers from other parts of the country and other parts of the world. Guys like Ivy and Hairy and Sonny post valuable links that most of us don't have the patience to look for.

I was merely pointing out that wiseguys have always attracted the same types of groupies and stalkers that celebrities and athletes attract. And it's especially true today, in the Internet age. It's just that, when some nutjob sleeps in his car across the street from Vinny Basciano's old house to take a picture, or approaches Tore LoCasio at the Publix on Marco Island, and tells him "great job on staying low key," rolleyes it doesn't make the newspapers.

I've never been of the mind that you have to grow up here to have an opinion about these guys. That's bullshit, and I'm constantly sticking up for guys like Ivy and Hairy because I feel that way. Mob guys are public figures and people want to read about them whether they're "from the neighborhood" or not. I'm just saying that there are limits when it comes to invading their privacy because they're just people.

But I do know that you were joking, Extortion. I was joking, too. But it was more of an inside joke between me and Carmela. So if you didn't get it, I understand.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.