The outfit has had it's fair share of rats too

I bet from a percentage standpoint it's about the same , it looks like their were 2 rats with just that last case .

NY certainly has it's rats but lately it seems things have calmed down , as murders drop people aren't looking at the life sentences . When you think how NY has 700 made men IMO today's leaders have done a pretty good job of keeping things quiet , steering away from violence and making some good money . Gambling and shy are as big as ever and the high end weed biz has replaced some loss income in garbage , fish , unions , they are making some really good margins in that wholesale biz .

I do feel law enforcement has done a pretty good job with the NYC mob , however I think the smart ones have shifted some focus to NJ where law enforcement isn't as concerned or centralized with so many different cities . Some of these guys have some huge books and I wouldn't be surprised if that $2B on bets placed with the Luchesse bust was true, everyone gambles here and at least 5 of my good friends are agents and even 1 the bank. Not to mention garbage still has a LCN problem ( just my town has a huge transport Co to Ohio that must be raking it in , and it's backed by P/E $) . Plus the port is still a $ maker , particularly with pay offs for contracts and skimming union funds , whereas LE has really cleaned up the BK port. I think what we are seeing is a suburban LCN where they have upper hand on LE.

As long as they stick to their book , shy , weed and legit biz , less murders and expanding out of NYC, they could continue to prosper from a $ standpoint , less power and control but more $