Originally Posted By: Don Cardi
Originally Posted By: Questadt
Originally Posted By: olivant
Originally Posted By: Turnbull
"But never think that it applies to my family."

I never understood the point of Michael saying that. To me, it's unclear if Geary's statement was about Michael's crime family or his personal family. In either case, Michael should have just ignored it. In fact, that entire scene was awkward for a Don; I don't think Michael had any good reason to tip his hand about the blackmail or fee nor was it necessary for Michael to expose Neri to Geary.

I doubt that Geary's slur had much to do with the Corleone biological family. Geary was referring primarily to Mafia business practices, i.e. perpetrating all manner of skullduggery, under the thinly-veiled pretense of respectability.

~ Q

"I don't like your kind of people. I don't like to see you come out to this clean country in your oily hair -- dressed up in those silk suits - and try to pass yourselves off as decent Americans. I'll do business with you, but the fact is, I despise your masquerade -- the dishonest way you pose yourself. Yourself, and your whole fucking family."

I think that Geary was referring to both families....as well as Michael's Italian background.

Which again brings up the question of Michael's extracting revenge on Geary as being personal...strictly business....... or a combination of both?

Remember, when he killed Sollozo and McClusky, he did give McClusky that extra bullet wink

I thought he shot McClusky an extra time because he missed the previous shot and got him in the throat, while Sollozzo he got clean in the head.

Wayne

"Finance is a gun. Politics is knowing when to pull the trigger."
Don Lucchesi