Arm, it's the same way here in NY. They release the most ridiculous press release known to the criminal element... That once again, they're trimming down the LCN troupes in charge of the 5 families of NYC. Who announces such a thing unless you want to drum up business? What purpose would it serve other than to self escalate your importance? Even if they did trim the troupes, which I am sure they have, they're not needed anyway. Over the last decade they've locked just about everyone up, indicted them or recruited them. Not many left out there!
So misinformation or a tactic to drum up business, No difference to me, it's all a crock of shit-filled lies and bullshit so they can climb the corporate gubmint job ladder. Fuck em. I wouldn't believe a word any of them said if they had their hand on top of the Virgin Mary's head while she was standing on a stack of Bible's.
Lastly, anyone talking about things released by the FBI and being listened to by the FBI is going to be the perfect target for another 40-80 man sweep with conviction #s to boot because they will be a bunch of big mouthed imbeciles who drive around in escalades and have shore houses in jersey. Easy fishin. The feds have to actually exercise real police work by veteran agents to score the big fish. They won't be caught by a group of rookie up starters looking to graduate to the terrorism division.