GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (TheKillingJoke, Toodoped, 1 invisible), 758 guests, and 8 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,706
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,238
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,523
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,400
Posts1,060,169
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: In Case Anyone Wondered Why! #76571
10/26/04 10:57 AM
10/26/04 10:57 AM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Yes, but did you have any political people at your door?

Just as bad.

ONLY gun owners have the POWER to PROTECT and PRESERVE our FREEDOM.
"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Everyone should read. "HOW TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD"

CAUTION: This Post has not been approved by Don Cardi.

You really don't expect people to believe your shit do you?

Read: "The Daily Apple"- Telling America and the Gangster BB like it really is!
Re: In Case Anyone Wondered Why! #76572
10/26/04 11:13 AM
10/26/04 11:13 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Quote:
Originally posted by fathersson:
Please tell us about the reign of the Shah of Iran.
How were times then?
This is off-topic but mainly the same thing happened in Iran. The US removed an Iranian prime minister (Mossadegh) who was the hero of the oil nationalization movement and decided to bring democracy to Iran by overthrowing the monarchy. CIA iron-fisted reign of the Shah by arresting Mossadegh on August 19, 1953 and giving power to military forces. Shah, a despicable dictator who had escaped at that time, returned to Tehran and his kingdom lasted another 26 years. I guess it was all because Mossadegh had the support of the communist party and they feared we go communist too.

"Fire cannot kill a dragon." -Daenerys Targaryen, Game of Thrones
Re: In Case Anyone Wondered Why! #76573
10/26/04 11:18 AM
10/26/04 11:18 AM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
So the US did this, with no help from anyone in Iran or did the US just help and support one group over another?

"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Re: In Case Anyone Wondered Why! #76574
10/26/04 11:33 AM
10/26/04 11:33 AM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline
Patrick  Offline

West Chester, PA
I actually remember hearing about this briefly. We overthrew a democratic government and put in Shah, who was a dictator. I think it was mentioned in Bowling for Columbine. -Pat

"After every dark night, there's a bright day right after that. No matter how hard it gets, stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it." -Tupac Shakur
Re: In Case Anyone Wondered Why! #76575
10/26/04 12:00 PM
10/26/04 12:00 PM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Some heads of the military forces were extremely loyal to Shah. US used their help to control the situation and to arrest protesters. Their commander was General Zahedi. Mossadegh was very popular. He even invested all his property to make economic situation easier in the time that UN blocked our oil due to the reason that Iran wanted the control over her own oil fields which was controlled by the UK at that time.

"Fire cannot kill a dragon." -Daenerys Targaryen, Game of Thrones
Re: In Case Anyone Wondered Why! #76576
10/26/04 12:05 PM
10/26/04 12:05 PM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Cardi:
[b]This Story was printed in magazine article that I read and I thought that I should share it with you.

In case anyone wondered why........ [/b]
Just wondering, DC......What magazine?

"Difficult....not impossible"
Re: In Case Anyone Wondered Why! #76577
10/26/04 12:10 PM
10/26/04 12:10 PM
The Bright Side Of The Road
S
Senza Mama Offline
Underboss
Senza Mama  Offline
S
Underboss
The Bright Side Of The Road
Quote:
Originally posted by plawrence:
[quote]Originally posted by Don Cardi:
[b] [b]This Story was printed in magazine article that I read
and I thought that I should share it with you.

In case anyone wondered why........ [/b]
Just wondering, DC......What magazine? [/b][/quote]Schmaltzy Sentimentalist Claptrap Monthly

Tom: "They shot Sonny on the causeway...he's dead."
Michael: "Turnbull is a good man"
Shane MacGowan: "It was Christmas Eve babe, in the drunk tank"
Re: In Case Anyone Wondered Why! #76578
10/26/04 03:54 PM
10/26/04 03:54 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Originally posted by plawrence:
Just wondering, DC......What magazine?
A co-worker of mine photo copied this story and brought it into work for me and several others to read. I read your post today in work so I asked him what magazine he actually got it from. He told me that it was froma letters page in a magazine called "Armchair General Magazine." I personally have never heard of or read the actual magazine, but according to him, and obviously by the name of it, it is a military magazine.

When I origianlly posted this story, I posted it with the intention of sharing it with everyone. I felt that it was pretty strong and an interesting way of looking at the situation that America and it's allies are in. I never intended for it to turn into a controversial issue. But then again, these days..... oh well.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: In Case Anyone Wondered Why! #76579
10/26/04 04:01 PM
10/26/04 04:01 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Hell, there is only another week to go.
Then another week of I told you so and the boards will be back to normal.

Re: In Case Anyone Wondered Why! #76580
10/26/04 05:06 PM
10/26/04 05:06 PM
Folsom Prison
DonFerro55 Offline
Underboss
DonFerro55  Offline
Underboss
Folsom Prison
This story is a load of crap. Period. It makes it appear as if Saddam was trying to attack us. How lame. The only thing those right-winged writers did was create this "tear-jerker" to plant a little patriotic flag on everyone's heart and confuse us as to what we are doing in Iraq.

My question is, where's Osama's house? Because Osama drove his car into my house on purpose and killed some members of my family. Why am I not more concerned with him? Oh, could it be because Saddam's house has a swimming pool filled with oil?

Doctor Ferro

And you liar, teller of tall tales: you trample all the Lord's commandments underfoot, you murder, steal, commit adultery, and afterward break into tears, beat your breast, take down your guitar and turn sin into a song. Shrewd devil, you know very well that God pardons singers no matter what they do, because he can simply die for a song.
Re: In Case Anyone Wondered Why! #76581
10/26/04 05:18 PM
10/26/04 05:18 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Originally posted by DonFerro55:
This story is a load of crap. Period. The only thing those right-winged writers did was create this "tear-jerker" to plant a little patriotic flag on everyone's heart
OH MY GOD! You may be right! . Another right wing publication! Oh Jeez!!!

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: In Case Anyone Wondered Why! #76582
10/26/04 06:02 PM
10/26/04 06:02 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Quote:
Oh, could it be because Saddam's house has a swimming pool filled with oil?
Oh man, the oil argument, I love it.

Pretty soon you're going to tell me Saddam was a diplomatic Santa Claus. :rolleyes:

Re: In Case Anyone Wondered Why! #76583
10/26/04 07:38 PM
10/26/04 07:38 PM
Folsom Prison
DonFerro55 Offline
Underboss
DonFerro55  Offline
Underboss
Folsom Prison
Great Rebuttles guys. :rolleyes:

My point stands firm.

Doctor Ferro

And you liar, teller of tall tales: you trample all the Lord's commandments underfoot, you murder, steal, commit adultery, and afterward break into tears, beat your breast, take down your guitar and turn sin into a song. Shrewd devil, you know very well that God pardons singers no matter what they do, because he can simply die for a song.
Re: In Case Anyone Wondered Why! #76584
10/26/04 08:04 PM
10/26/04 08:04 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Great Rebuttles guys. :rolleyes:

My point stands firm.

Doctor Ferro
Why should we bother posting a re-buttle? If you READ my previous posts, you would see as to why I actually posted the topic in the first place. Geez, just a couple of posts above I explained that I originally posted the story to share it with the other members here and not to create a controversy! If you bothered to read the previous posts you would have seen my reasons. Look, no matter what I post in a re-buttle, your mind is obviously made up and you will re-butt my re-buttle and so on and so on. It is getting old. The accusations that you come up with are the same and are getting old. Your against what the President is trying to acheive, I support what the President is trying to acheive. That's it! Know what, 7 days left and then all of our opinions will count when we place our votes. As I said I originally posted this story to share with the others on this board, not to create a political arguement. End of story!

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: In Case Anyone Wondered Why! #76585
10/26/04 08:19 PM
10/26/04 08:19 PM
Folsom Prison
DonFerro55 Offline
Underboss
DonFerro55  Offline
Underboss
Folsom Prison
I post about meeting Michael Moore, not about who he is or what he believes, just that I saw him and everyone had something political to say about it. You post this ignorant piece of garbage here and expect everyone to shed a tear and salute the president. That was your goal and I voiced my opinion. If you don't want to start a political discussion, and you post this kind of thing here, then you are clearly using poor judgement. I read your post before I posted myself. It was part of the reason I wrote what I did in the first place. To show you if you post this here, you need to expect another point of view. Now, why don't we drop this and let this piece of propaganda die.

Doctor Ferro

Re: In Case Anyone Wondered Why! #76586
10/26/04 09:05 PM
10/26/04 09:05 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
I post about meeting Michael Moore, not about who he is or what he believes, just that I saw him and everyone had something political to say about it. You post this ignorant piece of garbage here and expect everyone to shed a tear and salute the president. That was your goal and I voiced my opinion. If you don't want to start a political discussion, and you post this kind of thing here, then you are clearly using poor judgement. I read your post before I posted myself. It was part of the reason I wrote what I did in the first place. To show you if you post this here, you need to expect another point of view. Now, why don't we drop this and let this piece of propaganda die.

Doctor Ferro
You post that you met Michael Moore. I for one NEVER replied to your meeting Michael Moore, as I wasn't really interested in your meeting him. I am glad for you that you met him.

You call my post a an ignorant piece of garbage, and by saying that then you are saying that I am ignorant! I take offense to that! I have NOT called you any names or labeled you or your posts in any way. Yet you continually berate this post that I made. Know what, It seems to me that you must be somehow threatened by the contents of this post as you have become so enraged that I nade this post about this subject! I did not tell you that you had to salute the President, those are your words and your interpretation, not mine. I made absolutely no political references outside the story itself when I made the original post. Why are you sooo bothered that some people here do support what the President has done? I am not bothered that you met Michael Moore. I am not troubled that you have your beliefs. But you are obviously bothered by mine! The proof that you are enraged about what I have posted is in the content of your last reply, the labeling and the attempt to belittle me and my post are proof that you have nothing of substance to say.

Ok, I agree to let this die now.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: In Case Anyone Wondered Why! #76587
10/26/04 09:11 PM
10/26/04 09:11 PM
Folsom Prison
DonFerro55 Offline
Underboss
DonFerro55  Offline
Underboss
Folsom Prison
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Cardi:
[quote]Originally posted by DonFerro55:
[b] I post about meeting Michael Moore, not about who he is or what he believes, just that I saw him and everyone had something political to say about it. You post this ignorant piece of garbage here and expect everyone to shed a tear and salute the president. That was your goal and I voiced my opinion. If you don't want to start a political discussion, and you post this kind of thing here, then you are clearly using poor judgement. I read your post before I posted myself. It was part of the reason I wrote what I did in the first place. To show you if you post this here, you need to expect another point of view. Now, why don't we drop this and let this piece of propaganda die.

Doctor Ferro
You post that you met Michael Moore. I for one NEVER replied to your meeting Michael Moore, as I wasn't really interested in your meeting him. I am glad for you that you met him.

You call my post a an ignorant piece of garbage, and by saying that then you are saying that I am ignorant! I take offense to that! I have NOT called you any names or labeled you or your posts in any way. Yet you continually berate this post that I made. Know what, It seems to me that you must be somehow threatened by the contents of this post as you have become so enraged that I nade this post about this subject! I did not tell you that you had to salute the President, those are your words and your interpretation, not mine. I made absolutely no political references outside the story itself when I made the original post. Why are you sooo bothered that some people here do support what the President has done? I am not bothered that you met Michael Moore. I am not troubled that you have your beliefs. But you are obviously bothered by mine! The proof that you are enraged about what I have posted is in the content of your last reply, the labeling and the attempt to belittle me and my post are proof that you have nothing of substance to say.

Ok, I agree to let this die now.

Don Cardi [/b][/quote]I didn't call you ignorant. Instead of quoting my post, read it.
As for having nothing of substance to say, read it.
Read it.

Doc
:rolleyes:

Re: In Case Anyone Wondered Why! #76588
10/26/04 09:22 PM
10/26/04 09:22 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
As far as I am concerned, this discussion between us is now over.

I will gladly continue discussions with you in some of the other threads, be it about movies, gangsters, scarface, godfather, etc., but as for this thread, it is over for me.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull