Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
This is typical misinformation from the Feds. They put out a press release stating that they're down to one or two squads so the families get lulled into a false sense of security and make a few stupid moves. Then they shut them down and look like heroes for doing it with "less" manpower. The ploy is so transparent it's laughable.

It's not misinformation at all. The ongoing decline in the law enforcement manpower dedicated to going after the NY mob is well documented.

I've seen the stats and read the press releases, Ivy. And I ALWAYS give you the credit you deserve for backing up your posts with concrete links. But I still have a very hard time believing that they're down to just a squad or two, and that it wouldn't be beyond the government to keep it quiet just to catch the wiseguys off-guard.

And you know me. I'm not one of the guys who believes that the mob is still what it was twenty years ago. I've been in this city for over fifty years and they ain't shit compared to what they were back then. But when you look at the big picture, it wasn't all that long ago that Italian American LCN was considered THE evil empire in this country. So I have a hard time believing that they're paying so little attention. And even if they are, the minute the Feds think they're getting too strong, they'll turn the heat back on like a fucking light switch.

The main problems with his theory (and there are many) is that the intentional misinformation goes back to Appalachian, and that it is a matter of public record that the FBI used this as an investigative tool, and in fact had to go to court to defend it.
The "lack of manpower" arguement is beyond ridiculous

Last edited by TheArm; 02/21/14 05:13 PM.

Been there and done it
I am very much for real, so if you ask, make sure you really want to know.