Turnbull for the late Victorian / Edwardian era tripe I'm sure Yogi remembers The Duchess of Duke Street and Lillie, and for a little less soap opera-like there is always Raffles. Another hideous "Comedy" set in a Edwardian mansion about the relationship between the owners and the servants is You Rang M'Lord, written by the same person as "Are you being Served" - I believe the term is Bloody horrible. smile

I've watched quite a few british series and many have been good but like many things when it comes to the Brits, Americans seem to think the English "accent" is somehow indicative of sophistication. Don't forget too that a lot of Edwardian aristocrats had American mothers who came over with money to prop up penniless lords and dukes. tongue

The clothing though in DA is Edwardian elegance as it finest--done by Huntsman from Savile Row. In England you can catch a glimpse of the old soul of Europe, better than anywhere else (imo). The house where they filmed DA was the ancestral seat of Lord Carnarvon, the man who funded the Tutankhamun expedition, was there when the tomb was opened .... and died soon afterwards in mysterious circumstances.

Last edited by Frank_Nitti; 02/19/14 06:43 PM.