Originally Posted By: slumpy
Originally Posted By: LuanKuci
http://www.academia.edu/1810710/Family_Influence_Italian_mafia_crime_group_in_Australia

A very detailed essay by Italian criminologist Dr. Anna Sergi on Ndrangheta's dealings in Australia.

Note how the three foreign nations where Calabrians have most men (Canada, Australia and Germany) have one key thing in common: no RICO-like laws.

That's not 100% true with canada;

I mean, it's true there's no specific single act that targets what RICO covers but rather a network of different criminal legislation that cumulatively add up to have the same effect.

You can see Canada's effective use of these laws in prosecuting Winnipeg's Hell's Angels chapter in the late 90's/early 00's.

And does anyone actually take TheArm seriously? I mean, for all his talk of how pathetic "internet tough guys" are, he sure does act like one. Whenever I see a post from him I just roll my eyes and scroll right past it. Engaging him is just asking to get into a lose-lose situation with a troll.

Let me help you out on this topic
First and foremost, there is NO organization called 'ndrangheta, There are no leaders, there is no structure, there is no hexarchy, and they have no rules. The term is applied to loosely connected Calabrese and Barese criminals. They are not superhuman, supernatural, they are not invisible, they can not walk through walls, and they are not the boogie man. They have no institutional influence. If you notice, they had to reach out to the LCN to attempt anything significant.
The Canadian faction is a joke. It is a group of heroin addicted zips who shake down Indian bingo parlors, smuggle cigarettes and liquor into Ontario,and use Biker trash as their muscle.
They are the myth that will not go away

Been there and done it
I am very much for real, so if you ask, make sure you really want to know.