Heres the only link to Canada i could find from the memorandum GC posted early, apparently one of the lead defendants,lupoi has a cousin up there who is his marjuana connect it doesn't say who he's affiliated with, but him being calabrian probably the toronto guys(just a guess).-

Lupoi has extensive ties to Canada and Italy.
With respect to Canada, as described above, Lupoi sold more than six pounds of marijuana purchased from his cousin in Canada to the undercover agent in New York. This amount of marijuana understates Lupoi’s connection with his Canadian suppliers, however.

On February 15, 2012, Lupoi told the undercover agent he could import up to 300 pounds of marijuana per month from Canada. On February 23, 2012, Lupoi told the undercover agent that he could purchase large quantities of marijuana from his cousin in Canada, and he had done so in the past.

Undercover: And you’ve done this before? You know what you’re doing with this stuff? [UI] These are people you know and trust?

Franco: Yes, of course. One is a cousin…I mean, he’s a family member. But the thing is I don’t know the people like a guy like you, the people who are gonna buy it, then I’m gonna trust you. If you don’t come with the money, I’m, I’m…I got stuck already. About a year and a half ago I12 got stuck for $60,000 and it took me fuckin’ five, six months to pay these people.

On March 16, 2012, Lupoi told the undercover that he had ordered 50 pounds of marijuana from Canada on credit, from which he was going to sell the undercover five pounds:

Undercover: So you were saying fifty, fifty pounds?

Lupoi: I’m getting fifty…

Undercover: On the arm, you said?

Lupoi: Yeah, but I got a week, but I can buy another week so I got maybe 15 days.

Undercover: And you think you can move…

Lupoi: I got a few people I can move…it’s been for almost a year and it looks like it’s…

Undercover: This is the stuff you were saying from Canada?

Lupoi: Yes. And this is a product with a high recommended [sic] here in this area. Like the New York area, Long Island.

Undercover: Yeah

Lupoi: So if we start showing it…

Undercover: That’s good.

Lupoi: But I’m saying, this is the price we gotta get rid of it. 40-41…no less than 41. We gotta make money.

Lupoi’s familial and conspiratorial relationship with his Canadian suppliers provides him with a potential safe-haven to which he could flee without having to board an international flight

"Let me tell you something. There's no nobility in poverty. I've been a poor man, and I've been a rich man. And I choose rich every fucking time."

-Jordan Belfort