GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 222 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,796
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,357
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,528
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,418
Posts1,060,588
Members10,349
Most Online911
May 23rd, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: TV Box Sets You Own #76331
10/26/04 08:07 PM
10/26/04 08:07 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
Hey Geoff, I read your comments on dvd.ign about studios double-dipping and all I gotta say is, THANK YOU! Stick it to the man! I hear that the 2nd round of Kill Bill's will be coming out next August (The Director's Cuts) and I heard awhile ago, that they Special Editions will be out by next Christmas. I'll probably buy the Special Editions & not the Director's Cut.

Re: TV Box Sets You Own #76332
10/26/04 08:43 PM
10/26/04 08:43 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Originally posted by J Geoff:
[quote]Originally posted by J Geoff:
[b] Wiseguy Season 1 (Part I and II, 8 discs) is in my NetFlix queue, as well as Wiseguy: Prey for the City (4 discs). Is the latter Season 2 or something?

I never saw the series....
Don Cardi -- can you clarify please? [/b][/quote]Sorry Don Malta, I just got back into this thread. Ok.
One Tine I gonna tell you, one Tine! Ok? Ok.

The first disc set is titled Sonny Steelgrave and The Mob Season 1 / Part 1. why they titled it this, I'll never know. There are 4 discs in this set. Disc 1 - Disc 3 cover the first season story of Sonny Steelgrave, played by Ray Sharkey. Disc 4 features two bonus episodes that were played as individual episodes later on in the series. But this set, even though being titled Season 1 part 1 contains the comlete season 1 Sonny Steelgrave storyline. There is no part 2, so don;t pay attention to the DVD title on the box.

Dey had dere heads up dere culos when they named this first set!

The second DVD wiseguy set is titled MEL PROFFITT. I believe that this was the second season and featured the story of the Mel Profitt Organization, played brilliantly by an unknown at the time named Kevin Spacey! Discs 1 - 3 cover the ENTIRE MEl Profitt Storyline! Disc 4 in this set, like disc 4 in the 1st set, has bonus episodes. The bonus episode that is included in this set is a really good one. It feature a story with DON AIUPO. He was a mafia Don who gets involved with Vinny's family. Well you just gotta see it to understand. Vinny Terranova is the Main Character played by Ken Wahl who is know as The Wiseguy.

The Third DVD set, PREY FOR THE CITY, features 2 storylines. Disc 1 : White Supremecy where Terranova infiltrates a white supremest organization. Disc 2 : Garment Trade , This is a fantastic story. Terranova breaks his leg, ( Ken
Whal broke it in real life so could not film for a while )so a new agent takes over for him,that agent being played by Anthony Denison, another guy who went on to later become somewhat of a famous character actor.
Denison infiltrates the rag trade industry
aka the garment district. Jerry Lewis plays the head of a garment manufacturing company, his son played by Ron Silver. The gangster who is shaking Lewis's business down is played by Stanley Tucci! I believe that Chazz Palmenteri has a role in these episodes. These episodes are really great! Appearances and parts played by many unknown actors and actresses at the time who later turned out to be stars and semi stars. Disc 3 : Bonus Episodes, Disc 4 : Bonus Episodes.

Don Malta, I highly reccommend that you buy these three Wiseguy sets, as they are a must for anyone who is into mob stories, infiltration, undercover work, etc.

I don't know if a set # 4 has been released yet, as I remember another season where Ken Wahl returns and infiltrates the Music Business. Tim Curry plays the Music Industry Mogul, and Patti DeAnberville the main woman.

But by far the best storyline is the first Set featuring Sonny Steelgrave and The Mob.

Mel Profitt is a great one too, a wacky character who is into some weird shit, but a great acting job by Spacey.

Chu understand it now chico? Have I clarified it for chu mon?

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: TV Box Sets You Own #76333
10/26/04 08:55 PM
10/26/04 08:55 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Cardi:
Sorry Don Malta, I just got back into this thread. Ok.
Eh! Fock-chu, mang! Who put dis ting together -- ME, that's who!

(Thanks, buddy! )

I see "Wiseguy: Between The Mob & A Hard Place" is slated for a Jan 11th release.

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: TV Box Sets You Own #76334
10/26/04 09:12 PM
10/26/04 09:12 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Originally posted by J Geoff:
[quote]Originally posted by Don Cardi:
[b]Sorry Don Malta, I just got back into this thread. Ok.
Eh! Fock-chu, mang! Who put dis ting together -- ME, that's who!

(Thanks, buddy! )

I see "Wiseguy: Between The Mob & A Hard Place" is slated for a Jan 11th release. [/b][/quote]Chu welcomed mon! Anytine!

YESSS! That's the storyline with Chazz! I think that Michael Chikilis is in that series also. I just can't remember what exactly that storyline was about. Hmmm.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: TV Box Sets You Own #76335
10/26/04 09:18 PM
10/26/04 09:18 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Ok, this is the one where there is a Mob war between Don Aiupo & another mob boss. This was pretty decent if I remember correctly. The Music Business storyline must have been the year after this story.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull