The F.B.I. and the Italian national police have arrested dozens of people with suspected ties to organized crime as part of a coordinated investigation into cocaine and heroin trafficking as well as money laundering, a person familiar with the matter said Tuesday morning.

At least seven of the arrests were made overnight in the New York City area, the person said. The investigation is centered on the ‘Ndrangheta, the Mafia group from the Calabria region of Italy, the person said, speaking on the condition of anonymity in order to discuss an ongoing operation. The individuals arrested in the New York area are expected to be arraigned in Federal District Court in Brooklyn later on Tuesday.

The F.B.I.'s New York office tweeted this morning that it was carrying out a “Major mafia round-up” but provided no additional details.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/12/nyregion/major-mafia-round-up-in-new-york-and-italy.html?_r=0

'Ndrangheta in NYC?? Interesting... this is breaking so for now thats all I know

"Goodfellas don't sue Goodfellas....Goodfellas kill Goodfellas." - Salvatore Profaci