Originally Posted By: ninogaggi
totally agree thanks hairy. ive always wondered about these three. i think the others on the board are right; mancuso has to be a figurehead. i have a friend whose a friend who never says much but said something to me which seemed obvious; that right after 9/11 because so many resources were designated towards terror, the mafia had a good decade to recruit while the heat was off of them. not sure if i agree or not just thought it was interesrting

You´re welcome. I have often wondered about Mancuso. I´m not sure, but I think his father was Tony Mancuso, nicknamed "The Nose", a Bronx based Lucchese soldier who died in 1967. Looking at an old mugshot of him, Mikey Nose resembles him a lot. Tony´s father´s name was Michaele which makes my argument at least a little bit stronger, since many Italian Americans are named after their grand fathers or in some cases, their dads.

Originally Posted By: pmac
One more thing I read the pizza connection book it said sal Catalan took over as street boss 81 also read sonny black took over as boss in 81 after the 3 capo murder. But the zip faction from Brooklyn didn't take a side. George and the Canada crew helped Massimo. There's another guy sally fruits who was a old zip who was on and off acting boss for most off the 80 tys used to go meet gotti at the ravenite till they locked gotti away. .sally fruits was a sneaky guy when it came to the media for any type of boss died at home I think.

Yep. Catalano served as the acting boss for a short while but stepped down due to his lack of good english. He had trouble representing his soldiers at sitdowns. Then a ruling panel was installed with Sonny Black on it. At that moment Lefty Ruggiero stepped up as acting captain of Sonny Black´s crew. After Brasco was revealed being an undercover FBI agent, the ruling panel was dismantled and Sally "Fruit" Farrugia became the acting boss.

[Linked Image]