I am a newer poster and live in the Philly area so this interests me. I am not a fanboy but to say that they are a barley functioning family would be an overstatement. Think about it; the latest indictment is what they were busted doing, it certainly does not mean that it is all that they had their hands into. Some examples: Uncle Joe had a no show job with a waste management firm for $500 a week plus health benies. They did union hauling so how did he get that? Also, the Borgota gambling case did not involve chump change and was pretty sophisticated. NY wanted him and Mazzone whacked so they would not have to pay the tax on their operations. Also, a wire room was just busted a couple of months back with a few hundred grand in cash in south philly. That was just one room. Philly is a gambling town with tons of bookies kicking up. Also, video poker and vending is a huge money maker in places like NY and Chitown so why is it laughable in Philly? Philadelphia is the 5th largest city in the United States with one of the highest populations of Italian Americans so if LCN wants to recruit they have a pool to draw from, not saying that these kids are the best and the brightest but they are there. It is not like a Detroit, or west coast city with a non-viable Italian American community. There are plenty of opportunities for street guys to hustle and they do. They were busted on stupid stuff but these guys are career criminals and were not busted on everything they did or have done. That being said they are not what they once were.

Also, the Chin was a genius and agree 100% with VegasMikey. He was feared and had psychos like Casso and Amuso wetting their pants. The windows case story is classic