Bobby vegas and Nice Guy dont ruin another FUCKING thread with your bullshit!
No retrial in Ligambi case

Reputed Philadelphia mob boss Joseph Ligambi as seen in 2001. After fending off conviction for a second time last week, Ligambi could soon be a free man. (File photo)

JEREMY ROEBUCK, INQUIRER STAFF WRITER
POSTED: Monday, January 27, 2014, 4:23 PM

After fending off conviction for a second time last week, reputed Philadelphia mob boss Joseph "Uncle Joe" Ligambi could soon be a free man.

Federal prosecutors filed a motion Monday to dismiss the remaining charges against the 74-year-old after a jury deadlocked on racketeering and illegal gambling charges filed against him.

If U.S. District Judge Eduardo Robreno approves the request, Ligambi would be released from federal custody for the first time since his arrest in 2009.

Friday's verdict marked the second time in two years that a jury's inability to come to a verdict prompted a mistrial in Ligambi's case.

Prosecutors alleged that Ligambi oversaw the mob's illegal gambling and loan-sharking operations across the Philadelphia region and South Jersey.

His lawyer, Edwin Jacobs Jr., maintained that the crimes alleged by the government were all carried out by others without Ligambi's knowledge.

Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20140128_No_retrial_in_Ligambi_case.html#EpmgXTHBFvGFqW3p.99

"Let me tell you something. There's no nobility in poverty. I've been a poor man, and I've been a rich man. And I choose rich every fucking time."

-Jordan Belfort