Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: HandsomeStevie
Didnt that Genovese guy just get 9 years for trafficking weed? Sally KO? Im pretty sure he did.

Yeah, he got 9-and-a-half years. I think that was the point someone was trying to make about the sentencing differences between the State and the Feds when it comes to moving high grade pot. It may be a joke sentence in most State courts, but if the Feds grab the case you're gonna have a problem.

Unless the laws have recently changed 65 LB's of weed is no joke in NJ. If it's his first offense he probably won't get hit too bad but it is a real possibility if he's charged with distribution ....which 65 lb's pretty much guarantees he is or will be charged with.

Distribution :

Less than 1 oz felony 1.5 years $ 25,000
1 oz - 5 lbs felony 3* - 5 years $ 25,000
5 - 25 lbs felony 5* - 10 years $ 150,000
25 lbs or more felony 10* - 20 years $ 300,000
Within 1000 feet of a school or school bus felony 3* - 5 years $ 150,000

* Mandatory minimum sentence

If the cops really hate you and they're looking for a place to pull you over with enough drugs in your car for a distribution charge they'll do it in a school zone where you get 3 to5 years automatically. No if ands or buts....3 to 5 years mandatory.

If theres a lawyer here he can correct me if i'm wrong on that but that was the law last time i checked.

http://norml.org/laws/item/new-jersey-penalties-2