Originally Posted By: JCB1977
One of my best friends who was in my wedding is the Secretary of local 416, his dad was the former President of local 416 and the nephew of Joey Naples from Youngstown. His dad supported Sonny for President when he decided to retire with the caveat that his son gets an officer position. I know Sonny very well, he was at my wedding as well and a very good guy. Local 416 was mob controlled for a long time, but it is a clean union now. My buddy tells me that if he even gets caught saying hello to somebody connected, he could get ousted from his position. He doesn't even go to the Murray Hill Feast anymore just to avoid any scrutiny.

The Sabatini brothers (Gerald, John & Robert) from Pittsburgh assumed a lot of control in Northeast Ohio of illegal gambling operations. They were directly associated with and reported to Thomas "Sonny" Ciancutti, the last made guy from Pittsburgh still alive (who hasn't cooperated, ex: Lenny Strollo & Chucky Porter). I believe one of the Sabatini brothers died, but Gerald was the the brother running the operation in connection with Manuel Xenakis from Pittsburgh, both close associates of Sonny Ciancutti. If all three Sabatini brothers were alive today, Gerald would be 67, John would be 73 and Robert 77. If I'm not mistaken, I believe Robert has passed away. Also, still operating is Joseph Perfette from Warren, OH. He oversaw the Trumbull County gambling for DelSanter/Peanuts Tronolone until Pittsburgh assumed control in the early 1980's and then operated under the direction of semi retired Pittsburgh consigliere Charles "Charlie Murgie" Imburgia, who was a longtime resident of Warren, OH and owner of the Sunrise Inn pizza shop for 50 years. Charlie was as powerful as you can get, with connections to NYC, Chicago, Russell Bufalino and Angelo Bruno. He died in 2002 at the age of 92. NOBODY in Warren, OH made a move without Charlie knowing about it, plus Charlie had a 40 year skimming operation of bingo games all over the tri state area. His son in law, Frank Nannicola (married to Charlie's daughter) owns the nation's largest bingo supply company called Nannicola Wholesale. Here are a few articles:

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1144&dat=19920201&id=YrUcAAAAIBAJ&sjid=CGQEAAAAIBAJ&pg=1129,15357 (Copy and paste into Browser)

http://www.usnews.com/usnews/news/articles/930823/archive_015665.htm (Scroll to page 4 of the article)

Great rundown. If Nic Nardi was made when did he get his button?