By all means it seems the Cle family is defunct but there is somewhere there in that football dominated state / obsession that is handling bookmaking and shy

These are very lucrative and tax free activities that someone is making a considerable amount of money .

I think we can all agree the days of guys clearing $10M a year are over but let's not kid ourselves that at least in NY and NJ there is a lot of money making and earners out there

I do feel the Columbos and Bonnano wealth is down considerably but some of these guys are rich already and can just live off their shy book and not take major risks as they shouldn't . The Luchesse IMO are a strong family and have always been ( years ago they were closer in earnings strength to the gambinos that many would think . The Gambinos are big and that's all i can really say about them but they have some smarts in the construction biz and very well could be big partners with associates up north and across the pond in the powder

The genovese are just powerhouses , their earnings and diversity I think would shock some people . I mean some of these guys have $10m in bookmaking and lord only knows shy they have which is the real power to this thing , always has and always will , shoot $100k on the street could conservatively bring in $100-200k in new $ alone and it keeps going on , now imagine having $1M out like some of their capos , but what really sets these guys apart is their garbage biz in NJ and NY outside the city and the ports . Some of these guys are raking in a tremendous amount of $ , plus these guys are monsters in high end weed ( again a smart play where the margins are lucrative ). The FBI has hardly made a dent as the schemes have become so sophisticated and borderline legit , not to mention they have serious power in some big unions , the big carpenters one I know for a fact .

By and large the Feds have done a great job and made some huge dents in some of these families but the Genovese are a powerhouse and I think even some FBI guys off the record would admit how powerful this group is , without their cooperation big union jobs ( whether it be materials , delivery time ) ain't getting done . Their services are still required to keep jobs on time and for contractors to skirt some of labor costs , I just can't ever envision a NYC/ NJ union jobs being LCN free

I believe what many of the Feds say about really having impacted LCN but no way have they had the effect on the Westside that they claim. I know fish market is dead but no
The battle isn't over. These are despicable men but you have to give them credit , they don't talk , they don't brag, but 24/7 they are scheming , and with only a handful of agents still looking at them , they are revving things up in their core areas , now I use 3 books so I get the best line but if I wanted 10 today I would have no problem , and a loan ? $ is flowing , I'm actually surprised how many people want non bank $ , now these guys are smart and won't overplay their hand in certain areas that attract attention but these guys are expanding big in book / shy , taking over a lot of territory with how fucked up things are today, plus the weed thing which no one talks about but this has become a cash cow for all the families including Bonnano and Gambino who are knee deep on this biz too . Smart moves IMO as if I were a wise guy I would be happy with being bank on a couple million book , maybe $500k in shy and wholesale high end weed . You do this in the middle range and you will be a very wealthy man and not have to worry about long bids . This is all just IMO of course lol