While RJ and Loose were newly made guys in the mid 1980's, they got in when the decimation was beginning. Jack Licavoli never should have been boss. Maishe Rockman had too much power and influence and the family should have went to Angelo Lonardo or somebody younger (any thoughts on who was most capable). The problem that I saw with the group of guys in Cleveland were that so many of them were street guys with muscle, not enough racketeers. Even in Pittsburgh, when Mike Genovese took over, he had Chucky Porter, Henry Zottola and Joey Naples/Lenny Strollo from Youngstown who he counted on to nurture and sustain the relationships with other crime families. I mean, Porter kept close relationships with Joey Aiuppa and Joe Ferriola in Chicago as well as Nicky Scarfo in Philly, Henry Zottola was very close to the Northeastern PA branch through Billy D'Elia and Joey Naples/Lenny Strollo in Youngstown kept very close to Jack Tocco in Detroit. It doesn't appear that Scalish/Licavoli had any young wiseguys who specifically furthered the business relationships with some of the bigger families. It seemed to have stopped after Scalish and Lonardo, two of the most respected Mafioso of their time...until Lonardo cooperated. The major problem was that Jack White didn't have any personal skills and as a matter of fact, it wasn't until Lonardo brought it to his attention that he should go to NY to introduce himself as the new boss to Fat Tony and the Genovese Family contingent. Salerno offered to have them make about a dozen new guys, but they didn't. This has always been a mystery to me.

Last edited by JCB1977; 01/15/14 12:05 PM.