Originally Posted By: mulberry
NY, Chicago, Philly, and NE are much more active than Detroit, that's why law enforcement continues to go after them. Are you really comparing law enforcement's focus on the hundreds of NY/NJ mafia members to the 25 or so Detroit mobsters. The FBI's own website states that Italian organized crime is most active in the Northeast, so that just might explain why there is more focus on those areas than in the Midwest.

The entire Lucchese Family has 3 FBI agents assigned to it. How many do you think they assigned to Detroit? I would bet 10:1 that there are no FBI agents assigned to the Detroit mob. You expect us to believe that the FBI has almost no resources to go after the Lucchese Family's hundreds of members and associate's union infiltration, garbage, drug trafficking, murder, extortion, bid rigging and dozens of other criminal activities, yet it has active investigations and agents assigned to the Detroit mob's 25 geriatric members gambling and loansharking?

I think I'll take the word of the FBI, state police, and Detroit mob experts that the family is still active.

I'm certainly not comparing Detroit to any of the NY families. But a more apt comparison would be New Jersey, New England, Philadelphia, or Chicago. And there have been far more cases involving those families than Detroit. I, probably more than anybody, take into account what the FBI says. But I also look at all the evidence. And the lack of cases involving Detroit makes me question just how active they really are, as well as makes me lean towards those OC experts who don't really view that family as one of the remaining viable families. There wasn't much in the way of mob cases there even before the downgrade in federal manpower after 9/11 and I'm willing to bet the next 10-15 years won't be any different.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.