Originally Posted By: FrankMazola
Functioning restaurants being "hangouts" = shrinkage and losing money. I don't know why anyone would want their restaurant, bar, etc. to be a hangout for partners in crime. Pacino said it in Brasco, "Wiseguy doesn't pay for a drink". Imagine 10 of them standing around scamming with ever-growing tabs. That Westside skipper PB is describing probably wants everyone staying the fuck away from his wife's place. Maybe he keeps himself on as Food/ Beverage manager for tax purposes, TOPS.

That's well put, Frank. But NO ONE would try to walk out on a tab in that place. Trust me on that.

Patsy is still, at 70 years old, for lack of a better term, a fucking beast with his hands. All that mob shit aside, the guy has hands like catcher's mitts, and he was a black belt in Judo loooooooooong before studying the martial arts became fashionable in New York City. Toughest guy to ever come out of the Fordham neighborhood. Hands fucking down. Back in the '60s he used to chase the Baldies back to the Concourse, and that ain't no lie.

But yeah, he just never wanted heat around that place. It's a legitimate gold mine. Why would he want to fuck up a place where he could show all that money?

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.