Originally Posted By: Skinny
I think u guys are taking what PB said too literal. It's an operating restaurant, and a popular one. He's a captain in the genovese family, he's going to have guys who are always wanting to see him. Him talking to a guy at the bar is different than running a card game or handing tickets out at the bar. He may walk up the street to Fordham does that mean he operates out of FU? Guys may hang there but it's 90% legit guys in there every night.

Exactly my point, Skin. Thanks for clarifying for me smile.

What everyone also has to remember is that when "Fat Frankie' was calling that place "ground zero" for the Westside, he was just trying to build himself up into another Joe Pistone. He must have been awful disappointed when Hollywood failed to come knocking rolleyes.

And even if there was minimal activity (like Skin said, an occasional hello and goodbye type situation), that was before Patsy went away and came home. When he got out a few years ago he had very specific restrictions about consorting with known OC guys, and I know for a fact that a lot of people were told, in no uncertain terms, to stay away.

Long story short, Arthur Avenue was homebase for wiseguys for generations. But not anymore. The poster American Crime mentioned how in the '90s the area was already changing. That time frame sounds right. The last social club that I remember actually operating as a meeting place in the neighborhood was Rudy's "Club Arthur." But they pulled the drapes on that place when he went to prison back in '96 or '97.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.