Originally Posted By: LaLouisiane
Does anyone know what life is living on the run for 20 years? Someone should write a book on this guys time on the run when he is finally caught. To me it can't be that great always living in fear that the police will be knocking at your door. Also it can't be much of a social life besides your most trusted people dropping by to relay information to you...

It's a shitty life and when they've been on the run for years and finally captured, it's almost a relief for them. Almost. But with these top bosses, they'll probably see their family members more when they're hiding out, b/c once caught they're thrown into 41-bis, which is an isolation for the rest of their lives, unless they talk. And they're only permitted one hour visitation a month and it's behind a glass partition.

A knock at the door by police? lol Hardly. Here is how my husband's cousin, boss of Agrigento, Gerlandino Messina, was captured after 11 years on the run in Sicily. He was #2 on Italy's most wanted until his capture in 2010...the guy I mentioned earlier in this thread. It's the same way MMD will be taken, if he even comes out alive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6PsiynGL5s

La madre degli idioti e' sempre incinta.