Originally Posted By: oldirtyfishkilla
Torpey and Taylor were essentially the "leaders" of that crew and were Gingello loyalists. They were Gingello's bodyguards and were in the car the night Sammy got blown up. The "C" crew was formed to take out the guys who killed Sammy and those who sided with Didio...

At that point, things were so f'd up with all the different "crews" that no one could figure out what was going on... You had guys like A. Chirico and R. Starkweather running around planting bombs and looking for vengeance all while two other "crews" were still trying to earn and not get killed.

This really could've been a helluva "family" had it not imploded so badly...

Well said...It was a total cluster. You could be having lunch with a guy he was an enemy and not even know it. There were dozens of fence sitters who switchwed loyalties like socks

They would not have imploaded and probabaly could have been a great family had they done three things differently:
1. Gone to Buffalo with a business proposition as opposed to an ultimatum
And 2. Kept Pittburgh, the Colombos and NE Pennsyvaina out of it.
3. Confined their ambitions to Monroe county
At the end of the day, Upstate NY outside Rochester was 3 familes all chasing the same dollar.
I for one could have lived with a seperate Rochester as could most of the rank and file. The leadership would have been hot for the deal too if there was an equitable cut, and they were all on the same page
As I said before though, I would be fucked if I would have to kick up to scumbags like Nappi and D'Amico on behalf of lowlifes like Bretti and Persico, and as the body count showed, I was not the only one who felt that way.

Been there and done it
I am very much for real, so if you ask, make sure you really want to know.